With your degree in history from Sage, you can go anywhere and do anything. You'll be ready to make a difference in the world, whether through teaching, research, law, business or any number of jobs that require intellectual rigor and a comprehensive view of the world.
Understanding the world where it has been and where it is going uniquely prepares you for a career in just about any field of your choice. By studying history at Sage you'll delve into some of the most pressing global and local issues of human social existence.
What you'll do
- Teaching at the grade level of your choice or at a college or university.
- Leading museums or historical institutions.
- Working in government to help develop public policy.
- Putting your analytical and writing skills to work in business or industry.
- Researching fascinating periods of history to gain greater understanding of the world and its people.
- Being a creative force at an ad agency, a public relations firm, arts organizations or public and community service groups
- Earning a law degree through the Sage six-year joint B.A./B.S. and J.D. degree program with Albany Law School.
What you'll earn
People with a degree in History can earn from $30,000 to more than $90,000, depending on the nature of the institution and work setting.
At Sage you'll
- Learn the full breadth of history, from the development of early civilizations to recent cultures in the Americas, Asia, Africa and Europe.
- Discover the ins and outs of daily life in diverse places in the U.S. and internationally.
- Study key themes in history related to gender, race, ethnicity and class.
- Discover how to become a teacher by combining History with a major in Childhood Education, with optional Middle-Childhood Certification.
- Or stay at Sage for your Master of Arts in Teaching, and in a single additional year become eligible for permanent certification in Social Studies Adolescence Education.
- Intern at The Columbia University Oral History Research Office, local historical sites, museums and societies, including the offices of the New York State Senators and Assemblymen.
- Study abroad anywhere in the world for a few weeks, a semester, or an entire school year.
- Studying History at Sage will enrich your future and enliven the present. Your adventure begins here.