Campus Offices + Resources - Section 7
Troy: John Paine Building, Basement
College Services Hours:
8:30 am - 5:00 pm Monday through Friday
8:30 am – 4:00 pm Monday through Friday
Beyond the above hours, student and faculty mail boxes are accessible in the Mail Lobby any time the John Paine Building is open.
All full-time RSC resident and commuter students have mailboxes on campus. Students maintain the same mailbox number while enrolled at the college. RSC student mailboxes are located in the John Paine Building. College Services will mail outgoing letters or parcels via the United States Postal Services, UPS, Federal Express or DHL. as well as receive incoming parcels and letters for students. Postage due mail is also picked up in College Services. All incoming mail received from the U.S. Postal Service must have the students full name, box number, city, state and zip code. A return address must be on all mail.
Correct way to address mail:
Russell Sage College
65 1st Street
Troy, New York 12180
Intercampus mail may be used by any member of the College community including faculty, students, staff and administrators. Intercampus mail to students must have the students’ full name and box number. In addition, intercampus mail should have a return address in case of a problem with delivery. U.S. Postal Service mail is delivered to the College once a day. It is anticipated that mail is sorted and in mailboxes by noon in Troy. Intercampus mail will be sorted through-out the day. Packages too large to be placed in a mailbox are recorded as they are received and students are notified with package slips placed in their mailboxes. To pick up a package, a College ID or other identification along with the package slip must be presented in College Services. During the semester breaks, all mail, including newspapers and magazines, is saved in College Services and subsequently delivered. Before the end of the academic year in May, students should attempt to notify those sending them mail of their summer address. Subscriptions should be canceled or a change of address sent to the subscription company at least six weeks prior to the change taking effect. Students who will be staying on campus for summer or who will have a summer address different from their permanent address must notify College Services ONE WEEK BEFORE GRADUATION of their intention. We will begin forwarding mail the day after graduation. If not notified, all mail will be forwarded to the students’ home address.
Copying and Printing Services
The department offers the following services to students, faculty and administration: Color and black and white copies and prints, COLOR POSTER PRINTING and PRESENTATION PRINTING, fax service, binding, lamination, cutting, folding, hole punching, carbonless forms, and a wide variety of paper stocks and colors. Jobs can be submitted via hard copy at the office, by email at email@example.com or dropped off at the office on a cd or flash drive. PDF is the preferred file format.
Financial Aid, Registrar and Student Accounts
Albany: Administration Building, First Floor, 292-1781
Troy: Cowee Hall, First Floor, 244-2201Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hours: 8:30 am- 6:00 pm (M-F)Summer: Closes at 4:00
For more information and to download forms, visit Student Services website through www.sage.edu.
The Office of Student Services supports the following service needs for students:
At Sage we know how important the role of financial aid is in helping you to continue your education. We are here to provide all students with the information and guidance you need to successfully navigate the financial aid process. We can provide assistance in helping you with the financial aid application process or to discuss the right financing for your education. There are many rules, guidelines and requirements when working with financial aid, and the Financial Aid Staff is here as a resource to help you through the process.
For more information go to: https://www.sage.edu/resources/student_services/financial_aid/
The Registrar's Office is responsible for all matters pertaining to students' academic records and registration for classes at The Sage Colleges, including setting the academic calendar each year.
For more information on Pass/Fail Grades, Registration, Verification Requests or Transcript Requests go to:
Tuition and Fees: The Sage Colleges
The deposits, tuition, room, board and fees noted in the following sections are in effect for the 2012-2013 academic year and are subject to change without prior notice by The Sage Colleges Board of Trustees. All policy statements and other information detailed in the following sections reflect information current at the time of this publication.
All payments for tuition, room, board and fees are due in full by the following dates. Students that register beyond these payment deadlines are expected to pay in full at the time of registration.
||Payment Due Date|
|Fall 2012||August 3, 2012|
December 14, 2012
For more information on Student Accounts, including Cost and Aid, Tuition Liability, Payment Options, please go to:
Serving the Troy and Albany Campuses
An Overview of our Services
The Office of Communications and Public Relations exists to enhance the image and reputation of The Sage Colleges, both within and outside the institution. Our overall goals are to:
- project an image of professionalism, student focus and innovativeness
- increase awareness of Sage’s capabilities among target audiences
- implement a consistent branded image in support of these goals
- reinforce Sage culture
- stimulate and enable the sharing of information on and between the campuses
We can help you crystallize your message and present it in a way that is compelling, professional, and fits the Sage messages. We strive to anticipate the needs and reactions of your target audience. So we want to make sure that your material is well organized, the writing is clear and easy to understand, the claims are sound and well supported, and the language and imagery is appropriate and engaging. Our office handles:
- Graphic Design & Production - consistency of institutional image, internal and external collateral for all areas of the college
- Advertising & Marketing – coordinates and places all advertising for various campus constituents as well as direct marketing pieces for admission
- Media Relations - press releases, advisories, pitches, news conferences, hometown releases, media clippings gathering and distribution
- Alumni Publications & Horizons Magazine - two alumni newsletters (print and electronic versions), plus annual institutional showcase magazine Horizons
- Special Writing Projects - writing/editing for admission, recruitment marketing, development, event promotion, alumni publications, and institutional publications and presentations
- Web Development – maintains the institutional website, www.sage.edu; coordinates online communication tools including social media, e-blasts, etc.
Let’s Get Together
It is very important to meet with you as early as possible, to gain an understanding of your needs and allow a reasonable amount of time to do a quality job. It would be helpful for you to show us any copies of materials you have used in the past, or sample work that you like. It’s important for you to provide us with as much of the information and text as possible that will be needed to complete the project. Well also need to know from you:
- Your target audience(s)
- What quantities you need (for printed pieces)
- Budget amount and source (if applicable)
- Date required
Printed Marketing Materials
Our team provides writing, editing, graphic design, template creation, and project consulting support. If you have budget allocated for specific printed projects, we can help you with the following:
- Consultation on Sage visual identity
- Program identity creation
- Covers for research reports, presentations, CDs, etc.
- Specialty items (mouse pads, CD holders, t-shirts, mugs, etc.)
- Template documents
In most cases, we prefer to receive text for the pieces (in MS Word). If you need help composing the text, we can try to work with you within the capacities of the staff workload.
Sage is working to achieve an institutional look that projects a unique, consistent look to our various audiences. The look visually reflects some of the key qualities of The Sage Colleges: empowerment, innovation, and professionalism. For more information, visit the Communications Resources site at www.sage.edu/resources/communications/
To compliment the clean, professional look of our new materials, we ask that artwork and photography provided be clear, sharp images with a strong focal point, uncluttered graphics, and bold, highly saturated colors wherever possible.
Our design staff is responsible for coordinating production with outside vendors or Colleges Services as appropriate. Trust their expertise and relationships with these vendors to achieve high quality, low cost, and timely delivery. Here are some tips:
- We obtain multiple price quotes on each job
- We recommend printing more copies than you think you'll need there is often a cost-savings for printing, it encourages creative ways to distribute and use the materials, and it is more cost efficient to avoid another printing setup fee.
- Rush jobs cost extra vendors charge overtime.
- Make sure you allow enough time to complete a piece: a standard brochure typically takes six to eight weeks to produce and go through the numerous steps involved.