COMPASS is a required computer-based college course placement test developed by ACT. The purpose of COMPASS is to ensure that SCA freshmen students are placed in English and mathematics classes that are appropriate for their academic skill level. If the COMPASS placement test shows a need for specific coursework, the College will require students to successfully complete HUM 111 (prior to HUM 112) or MAT 104 (prior to MAT 110 or higher).
Sage required Compass Test Sections include:
- Reading Comprehension Skills
- Writing Skills (essay)
- Mathematical Skills: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry
- Students may use a calculator. A calculator is available on each PC.
- The COMPASS assessment test is mandatory for all new SCA first year freshmen students.
- Compass scores are confidential and do not affect your admission or major program and there is no pass or fail score. Results are used to place students into the appropriate introductory mathematics and English courses only.
- Students will notified by email if completion of HUM 111 or MAT 104 or both are needed.
- Student Compass completion due date: August 24, 2014.
- Recommended: complete Compass test before buying books.
Individual Student Testing Appointments
- Appointments available beginning April 21, 2014 through August 13, 2014.
- Individual testing appointments offered in the Academic Advising Office, Kahl 205
- Monday-Friday: Evening, afternoon & morning available
- Appointments are first come, first served and are scheduled based on availability of proctor and testing room.
- Contact: email@example.com to schedule a testing appointment.
- A confirmation email will be sent confirming day/time of test.
Group Testing Dates
Summer 2014 Dates - tba
* Group testing session will begin promptly at Start Time indicated.
* Building & Testing Room will open 15 minutes prior to Start time.
* The entire test (3 sections) takes approximately 75-90 minutes to complete.
* Confirmation of testing day and time will be emailed.
Questions about the Compass Assessment??
Please contact the Academic Advising Office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.