COMPASS is a required computer-based college course placement test developed by ACT. The purpose of COMPASS is to ensure that SCA freshmen students are placed in English and mathematics classes that are appropriate for their academic skill level. Sage required Compass Test Sections: Reading Comprehension Skills; Writing Skills (essay); and Mathematical Skills: Pre-Algebra, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry. Students may use a calculator. A calculator is available on each PC.
If the COMPASS placement test shows a need for specific coursework, the College will require students to successfully complete HUM 111 (prior to HUM 112) or MAT 104 (prior to MAT 110 or higher).
- The COMPASS assessment is mandatory for all new SCA first year freshmen students.
- Compass scores are confidential and do not affect your admission or major program and there is no pass or fail score.
- Test Results are used to place students into the appropriate introductory mathematics and English courses only. Students will notified by email if completion of HUM 111 or MAT 104 or both are needed.
- Student Compass completion due date: August 24, 2014.
- Recommended: complete Compass test before buying books.
- Compass RSVP: Send email to Advising Office, firstname.lastname@example.org
Individual Student Testing Appointments
Contact: SCA Advising Office, email@example.com
- Individual appointments available beginning June 17, 2014 through August 13, 2014.
- Individual testing appointments offered in the Academic Advising Office, Kahl 205
- Monday-Friday: Evening, afternoon, late afternoon & late morning appointments available
- Appointments are first come, first served, and are scheduled based on availability of proctor and testing room.
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a testing appointment.
- A confirmation email will be sent confirming day/time of test. Please allow 48 hours for a response.
Group Testing Dates
Compass RSVP: Send email request to Advising Office, email@example.com. Include Day & Time. A confirmation email will be sent.
| Summer 2014
|1) June 17||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|2) June 24||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|1) July 11||4:00pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|2) July 22||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|3) July 29||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|1) August 6||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|2) August 8|| 12:00pm
|Froman Hall 205|| Testing room open until
5:30pm. RSVP required.
|3) August 13||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|4) August 20||5:45pm||Froman Hall 205||RSVP required|
|5) August 23 *||8:30am||Froman Hall 205|| Testing room open 8:30am
to 11:00pm. Students must
begin test by 9:30am.
|6) August 24 *||10:30am||Froman Hall 205|| Testing room open 10:30am
to 1:00pm. Students must
begin test by 11:30am.
*See New Student Orientation Schedule (click here). Thur, 8/21 (move-in) to Sun, 8/24.
--Group testing session will begin promptly at Start Time indicated unless
another start time is pre-arranged with Advising Office. Late arrivals will
be permitted to start test based on proctor and room availability.
--Building & Testing Room will open 15 minutes prior to Start time.
--The entire test (3 sections) takes approximately 75-90 minutes to complete.
--Confirmation of testing day and time will be emailed. Please allow 48 hours
for a response.
--Student Compass completion due date: August 24, 2014.
Questions about the Compass Assessment??
Please contact the Academic Advising Office for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org.