Meal Plan Basics
Refuel Your Meal Plan
If your funds are getting low, Refuel Your Meal Plan by adding more Dining Dollars! Deposits of $25 or more can be added to your card TAX FREE throughout the year at the Dining Services Office. When you spend added dollars on Dining Dollars you receive discounts from 5% - 20% at the register.
Having Trouble Selecting A Plan?
Consider your daily routine… Do you eat three meals a day? Will your class schedule, studying, extracurricular activities and social events interfere with dining? Will you miss dinner due to employment or evening classes? Anticipating the answers to these and similar questions will help you to select a meal plan that best fits your lifestyle.
Purchasing power equivalent to the plan you have selected will be placed on your Campus ID Card. Here is how it works: meals can be used at McKinstry Dining Room in Troy for All You Care to Eat meals or Albany Campus Center Cafe for yourself. Bonus Dollars can be spent like cash in any Dining Services outlet on either campus for yourself or guests. Lost or stolen Meal Cards can be replaced. Should this happen to you please contact Public Safety and Dining Services immediately.
Spring Meal Plan Re-enrollment Made Easy
Students enrolled in a Fall semester plan will automatically be enrolled in the same plan for Spring semester. If a student would like to change their plan for Spring semester, or if a Non-Resident student chooses not to participate in a Spring Plan, simply provide written notification to Campus Life PRIOR to the start of Spring classes.
Resident Plans - Albany Campus
NEW! Meal Exchange Program Replaces Equivalency Meals
We heard you, Sage Albany Residents… Combo Your Way – Healthy or Fun Foods – Your Choice. The Privilege of "Just A Swipe."
About Your Dining Meal Plan
In order to meet your campus dining needs, we have designed the following meal plans for the academic year. If you need to purchase a meal plan, simply contact the Office of Residence Life. Meal Plans can be changed at the Dining Services Office during the first week of classes each semester.
Albany Residence Hall
Sage College of Albany Residence Hall is a non-cooking facility. Those residents are required to select one of the three full board plans, and will be automatically placed on the 19 plan if another selection is not made.
Albany Board Plans
Choose any plan only $2600 per semester (add $100 for
Customize your plan with add on packages...
Select As Many Packages As You Like!
Declining Balance Bonus Dollars can be used any time for an ala carte purchase for yourself or a guest in any operation including McKinstry, Buchman Bistro, Buchman Kiosk, Hazel's Café in the Albany Library, or Albany Campus Center Café.
Other Important Information
- After the first Friday of classes each semester, all contracts become final, and meal plans can not be changed. Extenuating circumstances will be reviewed by the College and Sodexo on a case by case basis.
- Board Plan Meal Swipes reset every Friday morning before breakfast. Unused meals on plans that reset weekly DO NOT carry over week to week. Block Plan meals reset each semester, and meals from Fall term DO NOT carry over to Spring term.
- Board Plan meal swipes on plans that reset weekly can be used one per meal zone each day (Breakfast-Lunch-Dinner). Block plan meals can be used any time.
- Under NYS tax regulations, Board Plan Meal Swipes can not be used to purchase meals for guests.
- Board Plan Declining Balance Bonus Dollars CAN be used to purchase meals for guests and can be used at any time; these funds carry over from semester to semester as long as the patron is enrolled in a current board plan.
- Declining Balance Meal Plan Dollar balances remaining at the end of Fall semester will be added onto Spring Semester starting balances.
- Declining Balance Meal Plan Dollar balances left over at the END OF SPRING SEMESTER . These balances are non-refundable and will not carry over to the Fall semester unless you are continuously enrolled in BOTH Summer Sessions.
- Community Dollars remaining at the end of each term will be carried over as long as the patron is currently enrolled at The Sage Colleges. Community Dollar balances are forfeit upon end of active enrollment at the Sage Colleges.
- Additional deposits of $25.00 or more can be added to Dining dollars and Community Dollars throughout the year.