Women of Influence Leadership Program
Founded in 2011, the Women of Influence Leadership Program is a group designed to guide the innovators of tomorrow. A collaborative effort created by the office of Career Planning, the Dean of Students Office, and the greater Russell Sage community, the program description states that "the goal of the program is to give potential student leaders educational and hands-on experiences that grow and develop their leadership abilities." For nomination requirements, please read below.
In order to be accepted into the Leadership Program, a student must be a sophomore, junior, or senior studying at Russell Sage College with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better. In addition to having completed 24 credits, students will be selected due to their exceptional leadership roles within the community and/or the following positions at RSC: Community Work Study, Club President or Team Captain, Resident Assistant (RA), and more.
There are THREE MAIN COMPONENTS of WOI Leadership-
- EXPERT SPEAKER SERIES-Covers different topics within leadership given by Sage Alum in their particular profession.
During the Speaker Series, students will participate in...
- Experiential Learning Activities-Hands-on projects and assignments during each speaker series that will help students to develop positive personal and professional relationships, increase comfort level with new tasks, and support growth.
- SMART MODEL Goal-Setting Activity-To be completed with student's Peer Mentor. Set programmatic goals that are Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Realistic, and Tangible to a student's specific career path.
To complete the WOI Leadership Program, students must have-
- Attendance at 4 events (during the Spring & Fall semesters)
- Completed 2 Experiential Learning Activities
- Completed the SMART MODEL Activity
- Completed the Self-Assessment of Goals assignment
For more information regarding this program, please contact either:
Director of Career Planning
Michael R. Baumgardner
Associate Vice President of Student Life/Dean of Students, Russell Sage