ID Photo Submission
Your college ID has many purposes including:
- Library services
- Dining services
- Recreation & Fitness centers
- Residence Hall access
- Attendance for Events & Activities
- Universal Access to CDTA
To create your ID card, you'll need to submit an electronic photograph of yourself. By providing this photo, we will be able to have your ID card ready for you on your first day of Orientation. When picking up your student ID, please bring another form of ID for verification.
Rules for creating and sending a digital photo to be used as your ID photo:
- No Sun Glasses or Headcovers.*
- Must be a clear, forward-faced, color photo.
- Your background should be of a solid light color.
- The subjects head and neck should be centered in the frame.
- The photo must be in .jpg format.
- The photo should be taken from the shoulders up
All ID photos for new students must be submitted and approved before August 1st to guarantee your ID card will be ready at orientation.
For those who deposit after August 1st please submit your photo as soon as possible.
ID’s will be distributed during new student orientation beginning August 22nd, and available in our Student Life office on the Albany campus and Public Safety office on the Troy campus beginning August 23rd.
Please follow the guidelines below for your "passport style" photo:
* Please call (518) 292-1753 or email email@example.com if you have questions concerning this policy.