Emergency + Weather-Related Info
Announcements of class cancellations, College closings or delays will be posted on this page, as well as disseminated via:
- Send Word Now messages (members of the Sage community receive alerts via text and/or e-mail)
- MySage Announcements
- Watch or listen to the following stations:
- TV: Channel 6, 9, 10, or 13
- Radio: WGY (810 AM), WFLY (92.3), WYJB (95.5), WRVE (99.5)
What the News Means for You
The following are possible actions that Sage could take in case of inclement weather or other emergency, in order of increasing severity:
- Classes Delayed – An announcement that the start of classes has been delayed means that staff and administrators are expected to report at the delayed opening hour indicated. Classes scheduled to begin prior to the delayed opening hour will not be held. Students and faculty are expected to meet for classes held at or after the hour of campus opening.
- Classes Cancelled – An announcement that classes have been cancelled means that students and faculty do not attend classes, but administrative offices are open and staff and administrators are expected to report to work at the usual time. The cancellation of day classes does not automatically mean that evening or weekend classes and events or activities are also cancelled. When this is the case every effort will be made to post a separate message before 3 p.m., however the rapid change in a situation may require a later cancellation time. Check TV and radio stations or MySage periodically for updates.
- Colleges Closed – An announcement that the Colleges are closed means that classes have been cancelled, and all public events and activities will not be held. Students, faculty, staff, and administrators should not report to class or work. However, essential personnel (public safety, maintenance, housekeeping and residence hall staff) are expected to report for their usual shift and residence dining services will be provided; check for amended hours.
Note: The Colleges will only be closed in extreme circumstances. These may require closing after classes have begun for the day. Students, faculty, staff and administrators will be notified of the closing time via CruiserAlert and MySage.
All members of the Sage community are encouraged to exercise their own judgment regarding their ability to safely get to and from the Sage campuses. Sage strives to operate as a business and remain open and accessible as consistently as possible, but does not wish anyone to put themselves at risk needlessly. Staff and administrators may use a personal or vacation day when they determine conditions are unsafe for them to report to work.