In the case of a tornado, earthquake or other severe weather emergency, please follow these basic guidelines:
- If you sight or experience a tornado, earthquake or other form of severe weather, contact Public Safety immediately at x3177.
- Know the difference between a tornado/severe weather watch and a tornado/severe weather warning. A tornado/severe weather watch means tornadoes or severe weather are likely to develop. A tornado/severe weather warning means that a tornado or severe weather has been spotted in your area. Immediate action is required.
- Move immediately to the lowest level and an interior hallway of the building.
- Stay away from windows and areas with a large expanse of glass.
- Stay away from shelving or items mounted on a wall.
- Avoid gymnasiums, auditoriums and other large rooms with free-span roofs.
- Do not use elevators.
- Assist the injured or disabled to a safe location.
- Protect your head and face. If possible, get under a sturdy table, desk or other structure.