Online Guide for Course Planning + Registration
The links below can assist you with:
- understanding Sage requirements
- choosing courses
- navigating on-line registration
Students are responsible for knowing and understanding the College Catalog (academic policies), major and degree requirements. You will be aided in this process by the Office of Academic Advising and the help of your faculty advisor.
Current Russell Sage Students
Advising for current students will begin on March 13 and fall 2017 registration will begin the week of March 27th, by class year. Be sure to meet with your academic advisor to discuss your potential course schedule and so they can clear you. Click on the link below for important deadlines and information.
New Russell Sage Students
New students admitted for fall 2017 will be contacted via their Sage email account beginning in late April with important advising and registration information. In addition, all new students will have an opportunity to meet in person with faculty in their department at a new student orientation session on:
- First Year Student Orientation: Thursday, July 20, 2017
- Transfer Student Orientation: Thursday, August 17, 2017
- Welcome Weekend Orientation: New first year and transfer students are invited to move into campus on Friday, August 25th. We will have programming for residents and commuters alike from Friday, August 25 to Sunday, August 27 to prepare you well for the start of the semester.
- Official invitations and complete orientation schedules will be provided as we get closer to these dates above.
Please be sure to check your Sage email account often for important updates about these and other events. Please feel free to email the RSC Advising Office ([email protected]), with any questions about advising and registration. New Students can click the link below for a checklist that includes links and important dates to assist them in advising and registration and preparing for the fall 2017 semester.
Academic Information & Course Planning Links
- Glossary of Important College Terms
- RSC Catalog – Academic Programs (Majors) & Requirements
- General Education: The WORLD Program
- Culture and Language Acquisition Program (CLAS) provides self-motivated students with the opportunity to study a variety of languages online.
- RSC Cross Cultural Courses for 2016-2017
- RSC Cross Cultural Courses for Fall 2017
- You can access your own academic information online in SageAdvisor and in Student Planning:
- Student Profile (make sure this is accurate and up-to-date)
- Academic Program Evaluation Report
- Transfer Credit Equivalency Report
- Student Schedule/Registration Status
- How to Read Your Academic Program Evaluation
- Refer to the College Catalog with questions regarding Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB) and CLEP
- RSC Block Schedule Form
- Four-Year Advising Plan Template
- 6 Easy Steps for a Successful Advising Experience
- Academic Calendar
- SageAdvisor Log-in
- Student Planning Log-in
- On-Line Registration Instructions
- WAITLIST Management
- Viewing your Schedule in SageAdvisor Instructions
- Viewing your Transfer Credit in SageAdvisor Instructions