The Transfer Credit Evaluation report is a summary of previous college credits (course grades of C- or higher) that are accepted by Sage. Students and Faculty Advisors may view transfer course equivalency information in SageAdvisor. Transfer credit is carefully evaluated and brought in based on the student’s declared major upon admission. Sage brings in only the transfer credits that will meet a specific major or degree requirement. For students starting a new major or career direction may find that not all of their previous college credits are accepted.
- Completion of 120 credits (minimum) is required for a bachelor’s degree.
- 1/2 of the major requirements must be completed as Sage institutional credits.
- 30 of the remaining 45 credits needed for degree completion must be completed at Sage.
- SCA students may transfer in up to 75 credit hours toward a bachelor degree. Of this 75, a maximum of 66 credits may be transferred in from 2 year colleges.
- SPCE students may transfer up to 90 credits. Of this 90, a maximum of 66 credits may be from 2-year colleges.
Understanding Your Transfer Equivalency Report
The left column of the report indicates your transfer college course information: number, title, grade and credits earned.
(Note: Grades do not transfer –only credits do).
|The right column reports how your transfer course was accepted at Sage. The number of credits accepted with a specific Sage course number (ie, MAT-110) or as a general equivalency (ie, MAT-ELCT). ELCT means course transferred as elective credits.|
*TR = Credits transferred to Sage. Credits are included in TOTAL completed credits on record.
*PR = Preliminary (or Pending). Course and credits coded as PR have not been transferred in as credit – yet. These courses are pending departmental approval. More information about the course may be needed.
1) By College: At the BOTTOM of the page for EACH individual transfer school, on the right hand side, you will see the total number of credits transferred to Sage.
____ Transfer Credit: Total # of credits taken at transfer school. (Left column)
____ Equivalent Transfer Credit: # of credits accepted at Sage. (Right column)
2) Summary: On the very LAST page (or section of the report) on the left hand side the sum Total of ALL TR college credits is listed.
Total TR Credits: _____
Send official sealed transcripts & score reports to:
Assistant Registrar of Transfer Credit
Sage College of Albany
140 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
518-292-1949 | [email protected]
Transfer Credit Links
- Search Sage’s Transfer Equivalencies database in SageAdvisor
- SCA Approval of Transfer Credit Form [pdf]
- AP Credits
- Exams: CLEP, Excelsior College, DSST Exams, NYU Foreign Language
- ACE Net
- Credit Guide for Military Training (ACE)
- NCCRS via NYSED
- WES International Transcripts