CLEP (College Level Exam Program) exams are computer-based college subject tests that provide college transfer credit through The College Board. At Sage College of Albany, CLEP credit is regarded as 2-year level credit. Up to 66 2-year level credit hours may be applied towards a bachelor’s degree.
Transfer credit is awarded for a CLEP exam score of 50 or higher (minimum) unless otherwise indicated. See the Undergraduate Catalog for more information.
|Approved CLEP Exams
(Min. score of 50 required for credit)
|American Literature||EGL elective||3|
|Analyzing & Interpret Literature||EGL 154||3|
|English Literature||EGL elective||3|
|College Composition Modular||HUM 112||3|
|French Language||FRE 101, 102||6|
|German Language||GER 101, 102||6|
|Spanish Language||SPA 101, 102||6|
|*3 additional credits for higher score – see Catalog.
|History & Social Science|
|American Government||PSC 101||3|
|Introductory Psychology||PSYC 101||3|
|Human Growth and Development||PSYC 202||3|
|Introduction to Educ Psychology||EDU 206||3|
|Hist of the U.S. I: Early Col. to 1877||HIS 105||3|
|Hist of the U.S II: 1865 to the Pres||HIS 106||3|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||ECO 201||3|
|Principles of Microeconomics||ECO 202||3|
|Introductory Sociology||SCL 101||3|
|West Civ I: Anc Near East to 1648||HIS 109||3|
|West Civ II: 1648 to Present||HIS 110||3|
|College Mathematics||MAT 110||3|
|Calculus with Elem Functions||MAT 201||3|
|College Algebra||MAT 112||3|
|Information System & Comp Apps.||CSI 215||3|
|General Biology||BIO 101, 102||8|
|General Chemistry||CHM 111, 112||8|
|Financial Accounting||ACC 201||3|
|Principles of Management||BUS 205||3|
|Principles of Marketing||BUS 204||3|
|Introductory Business Law||BUS 212||3|
CLEP Exam General Information
- Approximate cost for each exam: $110.00 ($85 CLEP registration + $25 college test center fee).
- CLEP credits transfer in to Sage as 2-year level credits. (Up to 66 two-year level credits may be applied toward a bachelors degree).
- Transfer credit is awarded for an approved CLEP exam score of 50 or higher (minimum).
- CLEP exams are computer based and you will receive an instant score report.
- Each exam usually takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Permission/prior approval is required if a student takes a CLEP exam after he/she matriculates. Be sure not to take an exam in a subject that you have already received credit for.
- Repeating examinations: It is CLEP policy that students must wait 3 months before re-taking an exam.
Steps to register: clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam
1) Go to online CLEP registration site. Create an account.
2) Select exam and add to Cart.
3) View cart. Register & Check out.
4) Pay fee. (Send score report to Sage College of Albany, Code: 2343).
5) You will be given a test ticket/voucher.
6) Contact your preferred Test Center to schedule your exam administration day. Be sure to find out more about Test Center procedures and fees. Bring exam voucher & test center fee $.
Local CLEP Test Center
Hudson Valley Community College
College Code: #2300
518-629-7320 | www.hvcc.edu/programs/alternative-methods-earning-credit/clep.html
Send CLEP Test Results to:
Sage College of Albany
College Code: #2343
If you have any further questions about CLEP:
The College Board, 250 Vesey Street , New York, NY 10281