Spring 2019 Class Schedules
- All NEW Sage enrolled undergraduate day freshman & transfer students (deposited) will be pre-scheduled for their spring classes beginning on November 12, 2018 by the Office(s) of Academic Advising.
- Classes are selected based on: recommendations from faculty, needed degree requirements, and current course availability.
- Schedules will be inputted in order based on the student deposit date.
- Student class schedule information is listed in SageAdvisor in two places: 1. My Class Schedule link -or- 2. Student Planning: Plan & Schedule page (registered courses are listed in green font/green box with a green checkmark).
- Sage day courses are taught in blocks: MTH & TF, 8:00 AM to 5:20 PM. A few studio courses are offered MTH 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Wednesdays: studio and science labs.
- Wait-listed courses: students will be notified via Sage email if a seat becomes available. Note: academic department chairs are tracking course wait lists throughout summer and may add seats or new sections as needed (for courses required in major program).
- Students may request changes to their schedules during the new student Orientation program or via email, [email protected] or [email protected]
|NEW STUDENTS SP19|
|Save bookmark: SCA Academic Advising. See handout: Sage Helpful Links pdf|
|Log-in to your Sage Gmail email account, http://sagemail.sage.edu|
|Log-in to My Portal to access Sage resources, forms and important links.|
|SageAdvisor: Log-in to SageAdvisor and explore Student Menu. *Student Planning: Progress (outline of degree requirements) and view registration information: Plan & Schedule link.|
|Transfer Credit: Review your Transfer Credit Report in SageAdvisor to be sure all College & AP credits are listed. *Are your last term’s courses and credits listed? Contact Admission Office for more information on what is needed.|
|Faculty Advisor (major) name & contact information is listed on the Advising tab in SageAdvisor/Student Planning.|
|Health Insurance: accept or decline college Health Insurance coverage. *A fee is automatically charged to all full-time day students unless the proper UG waiver form and proof of current health insurance is submitted.|
|Resident Students: Residence Hall & UHCS Apartments complete & return forms, Residence Life Office, (518) 244-2008|
|Financial Aid: Complete Financial Aid & My Sage Aid Tasks|
|Tuition Bill due date: Dec. 10, 2018. View your tuition bill in SageAdvisor using the “Access/Pay Your Account” and “View Recent Activity” links. *Pay or make arrangements to cover outstanding amount or “out of pocket” owed amount by tuition due date. Not sure what you owe? See Student Accounts; [email protected]|
|Attend Orientation! Contact Student Life Office: 518-292-1753 (SCA), 518-244-2207 (RSC). New Student Orientation|
|Health Forms: submit / upload required physical & proof of immunization – click here.|
|Student ID Card: Upload your own Photo. *Pick up card in College Services, Admin Bldg basement.|
|Obtain Parking Permit online. *Pick up College Services, Admin Bldg Basement.|
|Textbooks: Sage students are responsible for purchasing their textbooks. Research BOOK costs in SageAdvisor using the My Class Schedule link or through the Bookstore website. *Albany textbooks are available in Albany Bookstore and Troy textbooks are available in the Troy bookstore. *Need money for textbooks? Check with Financial Aid Office, [email protected], if you have enough financial aid to help with books and supplies.|
|Moodle: Log-in to Moodle. Sage’s online course system as a test run. *Moodle may be used as a teaching “support” tool for regular classes that meet in the classroom. **Tutorial available in My Portal/Student. ***Course information will go live (become visible) on Friday before start of term|
|Review class schedule: Sunday, January 13, 2019: Review your CLASS SCHEDULE in your SageAdvisor account – My Class Schedule – to be sure you are in the correct number of credits (15-16 credits per term recommended) and for final classroom LOCATIONS. *Sage Shuttle Schedule: click here.|
|Monday, January 14, 2019: Spring 2019 classes begin. Academic Calendar|
|Check Sage Gmail DAILY; Attend ALL first and second class meeting times ~ be sure to be on time or you may lose your spot.|
|Complete buying all assigned books and art supplies|
|Contact your Faculty Advisor if you have concerns about your classes or if you wish to make schedule changes.|
|Friday, January 18, 2019: Add/Drop (schedule changes) Deadline. After 1/18/19, course withdrawals (grade of W) must be done in person using the Add/Drop form.|