Spring 2020 Class Schedules
- All New Sage enrolled undergraduate day freshman & transfer students (deposited) will be pre-scheduled for their fall classes beginning on November 18, 2019 by the Office(s) of Academic Advising.
- Classes are selected based on: recommendations from faculty, needed degree requirements, and current course availability.
- Student schedules will be inputted in order based on the student deposit date.
- Sage Class times: Sage day courses are taught in Blocks: Mon/Thur & Tue/Fri, 8:00 AM to 5:20 PM. A few studio courses are offered Mon/Thu 6:00 PM to 8:30 PM. Wednesdays: studio and science labs.
- Student class schedule information is listed and viewable in SageAdvisor in two places: 1. My Class Schedule link -or- 2. Student Planning: Plan & Schedule page (registered courses are listed in green font/green box with a green check mark).
- Wait-listed courses: students will be notified via Sage email if a seat becomes available. Note: academic department chairs are tracking course wait lists throughout summer and may add seats or new sections as needed (for courses required in major program).
- Schedule change requests: Students may request changes to their schedules during the New Student Orientation program or via email, [email protected] or [email protected]
|NEW UG STUDENTS – SP20|
|See: SCA Academic Advising. *See handout: Sage_Helpful_LINKS|
|Log-in to your Sage Gmail email account, http://sagemail.sage.edu|
|Log-in to My Sage Portal to access Sage resources, forms and important links including Password Reset manager.|
|SageAdvisor: Log-in to SageAdvisor and explore Student Menu options.
*Student Planning: Progress (outline of degree requirements) and view registration information: Plan & Schedule link.
*Faculty Advisor (major) Name & contact information is listed on the Advising tab in Student Planning (Plan & Schedule screen).
|Transfer Credit: Review your Transfer Credit Report in SageAdvisor to be sure all College & AP credits are listed. *Are your last term’s courses and credits listed? Contact Admission Office for more information on what is needed. See handout: Transcript Request Notes|
|Health Insurance: accept or decline college Health Insurance coverage. *A fee is automatically charged to all full-time day students unless the proper UG waiver form and proof of current health insurance is submitted.|
|Resident Students: Residence Hall & UHCS Apartments complete & return forms, Residence Life Office, (518) 244-2008|
|Financial Aid: Complete My Sage Aid tasks. Complete & submit assigned documents.|
|Attend Orientation! Contact Student Life Office: 518-292-1753 (SCA), 518-244-2207 (RSC). New Student Orientation|
|Tuition Bill due date: December 2, 2019. View your tuition bill in SageAdvisor using the “Access/Pay Your Account” and “View Recent Activity” links. *Pay or make arrangements to cover outstanding amount or “out of pocket” owed amount by tuition due date. Not sure what you owe? Contact Student Accounts; [email protected]|
|Health Forms: submit / upload required physical & proof of immunization – click here.|
|Student ID Card: Upload your own Photo. *Pick up card in College Services, Admin Bldg basement.|
|Obtain Parking Permit online. *Pick up College Services, Admin Bldg Basement.|
|Textbooks: Sage students are responsible for purchasing their textbooks. Research BOOK costs in SageAdvisor using the My Class Schedule link or through the Bookstore website. *Albany textbooks are available in Albany Bookstore and Troy textbooks are available in the Troy bookstore. *Need money for textbooks? Check with Financial Aid Office, [email protected], if you have enough financial aid to help with books and supplies.|
|Moodle: Log-in to Moodle. Sage’s online course system as a test run. *Moodle may be used as a teaching “support” tool for regular classes that meet in the classroom. **Tutorial available in My Portal/Student. ***Course information will go live (become visible) on Friday afternoon before start of term|
|Review class schedule: Monday, January 20, 2020: Review your CLASS SCHEDULE in your SageAdvisor account – My Class Schedule – to be sure you are in the correct number of credits (15-16 credits per term recommended) and for final classroom LOCATIONS & campus. *Sage Shuttle Schedule: click here.|
|CLASSES BEGIN: Tuesday, January 21, 2020 Academic Calendar|
|Check Sage Gmail DAILY; Attend ALL first and second class meeting times ~ be sure to be on time or you may lose your spot.|
|Complete buying all assigned books and art supplies|
|Contact your Faculty Advisor if you have concerns about your classes or if you wish to make schedule changes.|
|Tuesday, January 28, 2020: deadline for Add/Drop (schedule changes). After 1/28/20, course withdrawals (grade of W) must be done in person using the Add/Drop form.|