The Sage Colleges is chartered by the Board of Regents of the University of the State of New York.
The Sage Colleges is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education, 3624 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (267-284-5000). www.msche.org. The MSCHE is an institutional accrediting agency recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA).
Individual programs are accredited by the:
- Sage College of Albany and the Sage Graduate School of Education are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD), 11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21, Reston, VA 20190 (703) 437-0700;
- The School of Management is accredited by International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE), 11374 Strang Line Road, Lenexa, Kansas 66215 (913) 631-3009;
- the Accreditation Council for Occupational Therapy Education of the American Occupational Therapy Association (ACOTE), 4720 Montgomery Lane, PO Box 31220, Bethesda, MD (301) 652-2682;
- the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria VA, 22314, (703) 706-3245;
- the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP, formerly NCATE),1140 19th St NW, Suite 400 Washington, DC 20036 (202) 223-0077;
- the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC (202) 887-6791;
- the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) 120 South Riverside Plaza, Suite 2000, Chicago, Il 60606-6995 (312) 899-4872.
- The Chemistry department offers a degree option that is certified by the American Chemical Society (ACS), 1155 16th St. NW, Washington DC (202) 872-4600.
- The M.A. in Counseling and Community Psychology program is accredited by the Master’s in Psychology and Counseling Accreditation Council (MPCAC), 595 New Loudon Road #265, Latham, NY 12110 (518) 764-7581
Organizations & Affiliations
The Sage Colleges holds memberships in the following:
- The New American Colleges and Universities (NAC&U, formerly Associated New American Colleges or ANAC)
- American Council on Education (ACE)
- Association of American Colleges and Universities (AAC&U)
- Council of Independent Colleges (CIC)
- National Association of Independent Colleges and Universities (NAICU)
- Women’s College Coalition (WCC)
- Commission on Independent Colleges and Universities (CICU)
- Hudson-Mohawk Association of Colleges and Universities (Capital Region)
- International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE)
- Association of University Programs in Heath Administration (AUPHA)