Azita Hirsa, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, School of Management
Administration Building Suite 220, Room 221
The Sage Colleges
140 New Scotland Avenue
Albany, NY 12208
Fax: (518) 292-1964
- Ph.D., Management, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- M.S., Technology & Organizational Behavior, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- B.S., Management Information Systems, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
- BUS 308 Human Resource Management
- BUS 311 Entrepreneurship
- BUS 314 Organizational Behavior
- BUS 348 Business Innovation
- BUS 408 Consumer Behavior
- BUS 420 Organizational Development
- MBA 576 Marketing Systems
- MGT 355 Innovation, Change & Society
Azita Hirsa is an Assistant Professor in the School of Management at the Sage Colleges. Her research broadly focuses on organizational culture, team development and leadership. She is especially interested in leadership and resource mobilization in scientific interdisciplinary collaborations. She has co-authored a paper in the Journal of Applied Psychology and has presented at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting.
Dr. Hirsa received the Women of Distinction Teaching Faculty award at the Sage Colleges in 2010. Her teaching focuses on organizational behavior and management theory, human resource management and entrepreneurship.
Dr. Hirsa earned her Ph.D. at the Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute’s Lally School of Management & Technology. She also holds a Master of Science degree in Management with a focus in Technology and Organizational Behavior and a Bachelor of Science degree in Management with a major in Management Information Systems and a minor in Social Psychology from the Lally School of Management at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. Dr. Hirsa has served on the board of trustees at the Clifton Park Halfmoon Public Library and is a regular reviewer for CHOICE magazine. Prior to beginning her Ph.D., Dr. Hirsa spent several years in the pharmaceutical industry and the public library systems.