System Updates & Helpful Instructions
August 22, 2016 Update
We are pleased to announce that all of Sage’s information technology systems and services have been restored. Sage faculty, staff and students can now access Colleague, SageAdvisor, and Informer.
If you notice any discrepancies from your last-known information, contact Student Services:
- with registration discrepancies, contact the Registrar’s Office at (518) 244-2341 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- with financial aid questions, e-mail email@example.com
- with questions about billing and payments, call (518) 244-2205 (RSC) or (518) 292-1788 (SCA), or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- with other issues, call Student Services at (518) 244-2201
In the coming weeks, the IT staff will conduct a full analysis of the incident; consult with outside experts and create/implement a plan to ensure that this doesn’t happen again. The plan will be made available to the Sage community.
Thank you for your patience during this challenging systems outage. Have a great semester!
August 18, 2016 Update
Some of our information systems were temporarily knocked out due to recent storms, and we are working diligently to restore them. In the meantime, some services are not available. We hope to have the systems restored very soon, and will continue to send messages via Sage email (now Gmail) and text alerts when necessary, as well as post updates to this web page.
Here’s what you need to know if you run into problems or are working with students or colleagues who need help:
- Sage e-mail is now accessed through Gmail. Go to sagemail.sage.edu and log in with your @sage.edu e-mail address and SageNet password to receive important updates.
- If logging into Gmail for the first time, go to: network.sage.edu/getting-started-with-gmail/
- The emergency alert system may also be utilized to contact you with important updates, which includes e-mail and text messages.
- We will continue to post updates on the situation, along with helpful instructions, to this page.
REGISTRATION & COURSES
- Registration is not currently available, but students who already registered for classes are not affected.
- Once SageAdvisor is restored, students will be able to view their schedule and make changes if possible.
- Moodle IS available. Faculty can view class lists, but be aware that they may not be the most up-to-date information as data is still being restored.
- New faculty will not be able to add classes until the system is back up.
- The “pink sheet” process for classroom changes is on hold until further notice.
BILLING & PAYMENTS
If you are working with students or families trying to pay their bills, here are a few options available to them:
- Sign up for a payment plan through www.afford.com (you’ll need your Sage Student ID#)
- Parents or sponsors who already set up payment access in SageAdvisor can use the link e-mailed to them to pay
- Please Note: Balance due in latest bill may not reflect activity since billing date or pending financial aid.
- Students or parents can pay in person to Student Accounts at Student Services:
- Albany Campus: Administration Building, 1st Floor
- Troy Campus: Cowee, 1st Floor
If none of these options work for you, we will notify you when the system is back up and you can log in to SageAdvisor and pay online (the deadline for payment has been extended, to September 15).
HOUSING & DINING
- With questions about residence hall room assignments or meal plans, contact the Office of Residence Life at (518) 244-2008.
- Grades for summer courses cannot be uploaded or viewed until the system is restored (the deadline for posting grades has been postponed).