1. After I have been accepted to Sage, how will I know what courses will transfer in?

Once you have been accepted, Admission then forwards all of your transcripts to Student Services for evaluation for appropriate applicability to your program of study at Sage. In many instances, research for course descriptions and information on course content needs to be done and approved by faculty prior to a course being transferred into Sage. After all courses have been reviewed and applied to your record, a Transfer Equivalency Report listing all courses transferred in from your previous institution(s) with their respective Sage equivalent is then sent on to you for your records.

2. Can you send proof of my enrollment to my insurance company?

Yes. The enrollment verification request forms are available either in Student Services or online. The form can be either faxed, mailed, or dropped off and requires the students signature for us to release enrollment information. Based on the students needs the form can be faxed, mailed or picked up in Student Services. This process normally takes 3-5 business days.

3. Can I register for classes or add/drop classes over the phone?

No. Course registration as well as add/drop can be completed through the use of Sage Advisor. However, there are times during the academic year when you will be required to come into the Office of Student Service so we can process the request for you.

4. Can I cross-register for a class during the summer?

No. Cross-registration through the Hudson Mohawk Association of Colleges & Universities is only available during the fall and spring semesters.

5. How long do I have to elect a class Pass/Fail?

Students have until the tenth week of the semester to elect a class Pass/Fail. Students can specify, at the time they elect Pass/Fail, that they would like to keep their final letter grade if it is at or above a grade of their choosing. Faculty members are not informed of the students decision to elect a class Pass/Fail.

6. How do I go about obtaining approval for taking a summer course at another institution?

Complete a “Request for Approval of Transfer Credit” form and obtain all required signatures (Advisor, Program Coordinator/Chair, Dean in extenuating circumstances). This form is available in Student Services. This form is then kept on file until you have your official transcript sent from the institution you attended. Once this official transcript is received, we then transfer in the course and send you a revised degree audit and transfer equivalency report for your records.

7. I submitted a course waiver, why didn’t I receive 3 credits for it?

If you get a course waived, it only means that you don’t have to take that course. A waiver does not mean that you will receive any credit for it to meet minimal credit hours completed for your degree.

8. My degree audit states that I have XX number of credits. My advisor and I counted and I have twice that many. Which is correct?

The top box on the degree audit is correct. Courses on the audit can double count, i.e. once in your major and once in liberal arts. If you are going to try to count credits yourself, please be sure to only count the course and credits once.

9. How do I get a course that I transferred in to substitute for a requirement?

A substitution form can be picked up in the Office of Student Service or be downloaded from the website. The policy indicates that you need approval from your advisor and the department chair/program coordinator for the catalog requirement, i.e. if you are trying to substitute a math course, you will need the math department chair’s signature regardless of what your major is. Please be aware that the form will not be processed unless you get these signatures. Email approval is permitted; you can attach it to the form.

10. How do I request my official transcript?

Requests for transcripts must be in writing and submitted either in person, by mail or by fax.

The cost is $5.00 per copy. The form for requesting a transcript can be downloaded from the Student Services website under “Forms.”

If writing a letter, the request must include:

  • Name (please note if different when attending Sage)
  • Social Security Number
  • Approximate dates of attendance
  • Address to which transcript is to be forwarded
  • Signature
  • Payment by check, VISA or Master Card credit card number and expiration Date

11. How long does it take to receive an official transcript?

The process takes about 5-7 business days from receipt of request.