Associate Professor, Chemistry & Biochemistry
Ackerman Hall 212, Troy
Dr. Vozzo has been a member of The Sage Colleges Faculty since 1984.
B.S., M.S., Ph.D., Physics, The University at Albany
- General Physics I & II, with lab (PHY 101/102)
- Physics I & II (Calculus-based), with lab
- Earth Science and Astronomy (SCI 104)
- Energy and the Environment (SCI 105)
- Solar System Astronomy (SCI 111)
- Stars and Galaxies (SCI 112)
- Forensic Science Internship (CHM 308)
- Forensic Applications of the Sciences, with lab (CHM 340)
- Women in the World (WLD 120)
- Ion-implantation metallurgy.
- Fluorescense and absorption spectroscopy of rare-earth elements in crystals.
- Educational methods in science, including use of the world wide web.
- Inquiry-based teaching and learning.
Honors and Awards
- President’s Vision Grant recipient, 2002.
- Froman Fellows Technology Integration Award, 2000-2001.
- Distinguished Faculty Service Award, 1998-99 and 2015-2016
Current Departmental Responsibilities
Program Coordinator, Russell Sage College Chemistry, Biochemistry and Forensic Science (transcript evaluation, registration, course scheduling and staffing).
Advisement, Forensic Science majors.
Current College Responsibilities
- Chair of The Sage Colleges Faculty
- Youth and prison ministry.
- Web site programming.
- Playing in music groups.
- Amateur astronomy.