- Completion of the Accreditation Council for Education in Nutrition and Dietetics (ACEND) Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements by date of admission.
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0 with minimum GPA of 3.2 for DPD Professional GPA and DPD Science GPA.
- Technology Skills:
- Downloading and uploading text and video documents
- Saving files
- File organization
- Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Internet browsing
- General computer use
- Using Skype (Faculty often Skype with students for individualized meetings. Please get some experience using Skype before you are using it for class or advisement purposes to allow for the best possible experience for all parties involved.)
- Work experience in nutrition, dietetics, or food service is desirable, but not required.
- All DPD requirements from an ACEND accredited program must be completed within the past 4 years of applying to the Sage Dietetic Internship. An original, signed copy of the DPD Verification Statement must be provided to the Internship Director before the start of internship. If date on the DPD Verification statement is greater than 4 years prior to the start of internship, the applicant must demonstrate recency in the field by completing a minimum of four courses equivalent to the following Sage Colleges Nutrition Science Department courses: NTR325-Community Nutrition, NTR502-Advanced Food Science, NTR 504-Medical Nutrition Therapy; and NTR 517-Nutrition and Human Disease.
- International Applications: International students must have a foreign degree evaluation report with the statement “regionally accredited” documented along with the degree equivalency. If not, students are required to contact the Foreign Degree Equivalency Evaluation Validation Agency to obtain a revised equivalency evaluation report. In addition to the above requirements, international applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 550 or computerized score of 213. Please contact the Office of Graduate Admission for more information.
Each of the following is a requirement for participation in all online dietetic internship courses:
- Microsoft Office 2007 or 2010 for PC, Microsoft Office 2008 or 2011 for Mac or latest version (Mac documents must be converted to Microsoft documents for submitting assignments)
- Up-to-date antivirus and spyware protection
Free Online Software
- Mozilla Firefox web browser (latest version)
- E-Portfolio/Web Site – Weebly.com
- QuickTime (latest version)
- Skype (latest version)
- Adobe Reader (latest version)
- Prezi (latest version)
- Dropbox (latest version)
- Jing (free version)
- Joinme (latest version)
- Current windows updates
- A broadband internet connection (Cable or DSL)
- A computer that is no more than 5 years old
- Access to videotaping equipment
It is important to note that if you are accepted into a Sage program you will be required to use your Sage email. All official correspondence will be sent to your Sage account.
The technology requirements may change at any time as new software and hardware is released or updated. Upgrades may be necessary throughout the program.