- Completion of The Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Didactic Program in Dietetics (DPD) requirements by date of admission.
- Baccalaureate Degree
- Minimum overall GPA 3.0 with minimum GPA of 3.2 for DPD Professional GPA and DPD Science GPA.
- DPD Science GPA of 3.2 preferred
- Work experience in nutrition, dietetics, or food service is desirable, but not required.
- All DPD requirements from an ACEND accredited program must be completed within the past 4 years of applying to the Sage Dietetic Internship. An original, signed copy of the DPD Verification Statement must be provided to the Internship Director before the start of internship. If date on the DPD Verification statement is greater than 4 years prior to the start of internship, the applicant must demonstrate recency in the field by completing a minimum of four courses equivalent to the following Sage Colleges Nutrition Science Department courses: NTR325-Community Nutrition, NTR502-Advanced Food Science, NTR504-Medical Nutrition Therapy I; and NTR517-Medical Nutrition Therapy II.
- The Sage Colleges Distance Track Dietetic Internship cannot accept students from states in which we do not have authorization to serve students. All prospective distance applicants must review the State Authorization content here.
It is the policy of The Sage Colleges to comply with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations regarding equal opportunity and non-discrimination. Admission, financial aid, and access to programs will not be influenced or affected in an illegally discriminatory manner by an individual’s race, color, religion, marital status, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, national origin, or any other characteristic protected by law.
|Experience (work & volunteer)||35|
|Sports & Extracurricular Activities||8|
|Certifications & Scholarships/Honors||9|
|Letters of Recommendation||35|
|Total score possible:||150|
Any applicant not selected by the Sage DI may make an appointment with the DI Director ([email protected]) to be held between May 15 and June 15, to discuss their application and reasons for not being selected by the Sage DI. The appointment may be held in person or conducted over the telephone.
Application Information for fall 2019
The Sage Dietetic Internship will participate in the DI Centralized Application System (DICAS) for the spring 2019 match. For further details about the program, please contact DI Director, Michelle Morgan, MS, RDN, at 518-244-4598 or [email protected].
The Sage DI offers a 2-year MS/DI option for both the Onsite and the Distance tracks. If you are interested in combining a master’s degree while completing the Dietetic Internship at Sage, please contact:
Sonya Hauser, PhD, Associate Professor
Graduate Programs Director
The Sage DI capacity is a total of 30 and six dietetic interns in the onsite and distance tracks respectively. We do offer a pre-select option for Sage DPD students. We accepted eight pre-select interns for fall 2018.
The process for selecting applicants is as follows:
- First pass: remove all incomplete applications, and those with GPA < 3.0
- Second pass: review all applications and remove unsatisfactory ones. For example, applications with several negative letters of recommendations.
- Third pass: Each of the remaining applications will be sent to three (3) reviewers who will score the applicant based on GPA, experience, letters of reference, goals statement and other factors. Interviews will be scheduled and held virtually March 4th-7th, 2019 via Zoom.
- Fourth pass: Reviewers’ scores for each applicant will be averaged. Applicants will then be ranked based on the reviewers’ average scores as well as information gathered on interview day.