The Dietetic Internship program participates in the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics’ Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS).
Please complete the following 3 Steps when applying to The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship:
- Register with D&D Digital – the National Matching Center for the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics. Applicants will prioritize internships for matching. You can begin registering on D&D Digital December 1st, 2016 and all ranking must be completed by 11:59 Central Time on February 15, 2017. There is a $55 fee computer matching fee.
- D&D Digital Codes: #471 Distance Track; #472 Onsite Track
2. Apply electronically via the Dietetic Internship Centralized Application Services (DICAS). Information will be available for the Spring Match on December 8th, 2016.
- The online application must be completed for our program by 11:59 p.m. Central Time on February 15, 2017.
- The fee to use DICAS is $45 for the first application submitted and $20 for each additional application.
- Official Transcripts from all colleges and universities attended should be sent to:
DICAS – Transcript Dept.
PO Box 9118
Watertown, MA 02472
- When completing the application form, applicants must include the name and contact information (specifically an e-mail address) for each reference.
3. Complete The Sage Colleges Dietetic Internship Release Form:
In addition to DICAS and D&D Digital, please complete the Sage DI Release Form and mail with the $40 Sage DI Application Fee, post marked by February 15, 2017 to:
ATTN: Michelle Morgan, MS, RDN
Dietetic Internship Director
Nutrition Science Department
The Sage Colleges
65 1st Street
Troy, NY 12180
- The Sage DI Release Form (2017-2018)
- A check for $40.00 payable to The Sage Colleges must accompany each DI Application Release Form. This fee is waived for current Russell Sage College and Sage Graduate students and graduates. Only one application fee is required if applying to both the Dietetic Internship and Sage Graduate Schools.
- DISTANCE TRACK ONLY: Complete the Sage “Practicum Rotation Preceptor Sign-up Form” and submit along with $40 application fee and DI release form.
Please Note: If also applying to a MS degree program, a copy of the entire online packet will be forwarded to Sage Graduate Admission Office after the internship review process is concluded. An additional application fee is not required. The DI Recommendation Forms will be used in place of the Graduate School references. A Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is not required.
Early Admission (Pre-select Program)
The Sage Colleges offers a post-baccalaureate accredited dietetic internship in the Sage Graduate School. The Sage Colleges DPD students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) matriculated students have the special opportunity to apply for early admission to Sage’s Dietetic Internship (DI). Students chosen for this special program, reserve a position in the internship class, nearly one year in advance of regular admission. They must maintain an overall GPA of 3.3 and a selection of nutrition and support course GPA of 3.5.
1. Notification Day: Applicant Notification Day for the Computer Match process for Spring 2017 will be Monday April 3, 2017 at 6:00 pm Central Time. The Sage Dietetic Internship is not allowed to notify students prior to this date. Students must accept/reject the computer match within 24 hours of Notification Day.
2. Appointment Day: For the Sage Dietetic Internship, applicants are to call or email; 518-244-4598, firstname.lastname@example.org the Program Director by 6:00 pm EST (time zone of Dietetic Internship) on April 4, 2017, to confirm the acceptance or rejection of the match. The Sage Graduate School Dietetic Internship forwards a confirmation acceptance letter on or about April 30. Additional program information and directions pertaining to enrollment into the Sage DI are forwarded to each new intern at that time, as well as throughout the summer.
PLEASE NOTE: IMPORTANT APPLICANT RESPONSIBILITIES
As a participant in the computer matching process, it is expected that applicants who receive a match will adhere to the results of the match and accept that match. It is unacceptable to decline a match in order to pursue an appointment to another supervised practice program.
Thursday, April 6, 2017: Beginning at 11:00 am Central Time, all Dietetic Internship Directors with openings may contact unmatched applicants who were originally on their prioritized list of applicants and offer an appointment.
Thursday April 6, 2017: Beginning at 11:00 am Central Time, names of Dietetic Internship programs that did not fill their class and authorized the release of their name will appear on www.dnddigital.com.
Please do not ask your Didactic Program Director to contact programs with open positions prior to April 6th.
Second Round Match Instructions
If the Sage DI has additional openings for interns they will participate in a second round match for the distance track. Second round applicants must meet application criteria and have all placement sites secured to be considered for application.
If applying via second round you must: 1) Release application to The Sage Colleges and; 2) Email Sage DI Release Form and Practicum Rotation Preceptor Sign-up Form to email@example.com. NOTE: The $40 application fee will only apply to those who have been offered an appointment.