The growing importance of good nutrition and the national debate about what that means makes the field of Nutrition Science more important than ever to public health and well being. With the growing prominence of this science you can play a key role in raising awareness about the effects of diet and nutrition on physical health.
With a degree in Nutrition Science from Sage, you can work in the public or private sector, specialize in an age group or conduct research of your own. Sage will help you make your contribution to this exciting and evolving field.
Careers in Nutrition
Registered dietitians work in a wide variety of employment settings, including health care, business and industry, community/public health, education, research, government agencies and private practice.
Many work environments, particularly those in medical and health-care settings, require that an individual be credentialed as an RD.
RDs work in:
- Hospitals, HMOs or other health-care facilities
- Sports nutrition and corporate wellness programs
- Food and nutrition-related business and industries
- Private practice
- Community and public health settings
- Universities and medical centers
- Research areas in food/pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions
Nutrition Rated One of Top Careers
- Dietitian/Nutritionist is ranked in the top 100 best jobs according to US News Money Report.
- Employment in nutrition is expected to increase 15% from 2016 to 2026 which is much faster than average according to the US Department of Labor.
- The median salary for dietitians in the US was $58,920 in 2016 (US Department of Labor).
- The annual mean wage for dietitians in New York was $64,900 in May 2016 (US Department of Labor).
- Nutrition and Dietetics (M.S. at the School of Health Sciences)
- Online Applied Nutrition (M.S. at the School of Health Sciences)
Rayane AbuSabha, PhD, RD
Professor, Applied Nutrition Program Director
Eileen Fitzpatrick, DrPH, MPH, RD
Assistant Professor; Chair, Nutrition Science Department
Sonya Hauser, PhD
Assistant Professor, Post-Bac Program Director
Dorian Longton, RD, CDN
Dietetic Internship Coordinator
Colleen McCrief, MS, RD, BS
Director, Didactic Program in Dietetics
Ryan Mitchell, PhD
Michelle Morgan, MS, RD, CDN
Dietetic Internship Director
For information about the MS in Applied Nutrition, contact Dr. AbuSabha at [email protected] to request a telephone or Skype meeting. Once you send your email, you should expect a response within 48 business hours.
Dr. Rayane AbuSabha, Director, MS Program, [email protected].
All prospective interns are strongly encouraged to either attend an information session or arrange a telephone Information Session prior to completing the Dietetic Internship Application, which is due Feb. 15, 2018 for the Fall 2018 class.
Please contact Michelle Morgan, DI Director at [email protected] if you have any questions about the Dietetic Internship.