The growing importance of good nutrition and the national debate about what that means makes the field of Nutrition Science more important than ever to public health and well being. With the growing prominence of this science you can play a key role in raising awareness about the effects of diet and nutrition on physical health.
With a degree in Nutrition Science from Sage, you can work in the public or private sector, specialize in an age group or conduct research of your own. Sage will help you make your contribution to this exciting and evolving field.
Careers in Nutrition
Registered dietitians work in a wide variety of employment settings, including health care, business and industry, community/public health, education, research, government agencies and private practice.
Many work environments, particularly those in medical and health-care settings, require that an individual be credentialed as an RD.
RDs work in:
- Hospitals, HMOs or other health-care facilities
- Sports nutrition and corporate wellness programs
- Food and nutrition-related business and industries
- Private practice
- Community and public health settings
- Universities and medical centers
- Research areas in food/pharmaceutical companies and academic institutions
Nutrition Rated One of Top Careers
- Dietitian/Nutritionist is listed as one of the 25 best jobs to pursue for 2014 and this coming decade by US News Money Report.
- Employment in nutrition is expected to increase 21% from 2012 to 2022 (US Department of Labor, 2015).
- The mean annual salary of dietitians is about $57,440 in 2015 (US Department of Labor, 2015).
- The average pay for a dietitian/nutritionist in New York was $61,210 in 2015 (US Department of Labor, 2015)
- Sage’s Didactic Program in Dietetics’ first-time pass rate on the Registered Dietitian (RD) exam is 91% for the past 5 years (national average is 82%).
- Sage is the only college offering a nutrition program within 85 miles.
- Dietetic Internship (Advanced Certificate at the School of Health Sciences)
- Post-Baccalaureate in Nutrition Science (Certificate at the School of Health Sciences)
BS/Post-Bacc Information Session
September 12, 2016, 12:00 pm on the Troy Campus in Ackerman Hall, Room 300.
October 6, 2016, 5:00 pm on the Troy Campus in Shea 201.
November 10, 2016, 12:00 pm on the Troy Campus in Ackerman Hall, Room 300.
Sage Graduate Schools Information Session
October 6, 2016, 5:00 pm on the Troy Campus in Shea 201 .
Please be on time as not to miss vital information and count on staying close to two hours. For information please contact:
For information about the MS in Applied Nutrition, contact Dr. AbuSabha at firstname.lastname@example.org to request a telephone or Skype meeting. Once you send your email, you should expect a response within 48 business hours.
Dr. Rayane AbuSabha, Director, MS Program, email@example.com.
Dietetic Internship Information Sessions
All prospective interns are strongly encouraged to either attend an information session or arrange a telephone Information Session prior to completing the Dietetic Internship Application packet, which is due Feb. 15, 2017 for the Fall 2017 class.
- Pre-select info session (Sage): September 16, 2016, 2:00-3:30 pm on the Troy Campus in Ackerman Hall, Room 300.
- DI info session (All): November 18, 2016, 2:00-3:30 pm on the Troy Campus in Ackerman Hall, Room 300.
Please contact the DI Director Michelle Morgan at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to attend one of these sessions.