MS in OT Program Admission Requirements
There are two points of entry to the MS in Occupational Therapy Program – direct entry through Sage Graduate School for applicants who already have a bachelor’s degree, or through Russell Sage College via the accelerated 3+2 program or typical 4+2 program for applicants who do not have a bachelor’s degree.
To learn more about the OT program, please attend a Sage Graduate School Information Session. For more information, please call 518-244-2267 or email [email protected].
Direct entry through Sage Graduate School
Qualified men and women who possess a baccalaureate degree and who have fulfilled the prerequisite courses for the graduate Program in Occupational Therapy may apply directly to the MS in Occupational Therapy Program through Sage Graduate School. In addition to meeting the general requirements for admission to Sage Graduate School, the successful applicant to the MS in Occupational Therapy Program will demonstrate evidence of the following:
- Submit official transcripts of all previous undergraduate or graduate study
- Earn a minimum 3.25 grade point average (GPA) in undergraduate study, including OT Program prerequisite courses. Note: courses and grades from all schools attended are used to calculate GPA for admission.
- Earn a Science GPA of 3.0 in OT Program prerequisite courses (Anatomy & Physiology I & II, and Physics I).
- Provide two letters of reference (no format is required)
- Provide current resume
- Submit a career goals statement/personal essay (~1-2 pages)
- Provide documentation of at least 20 hours of clinical observation under the supervision of an occupational therapist before beginning the professional program with forms from packet listed below.
- Submit complete application by February 1 priority deadline with supplemental forms.