Transfer Credit Information
After all official transcripts have been evaluated, the Admission Office will send you a Transfer Credit Report. The report is a listing all of the courses taken elsewhere with their Sage course equivalencies. Sage brings in only the transfer credits that will meet a specific major or degree requirement. For students starting a new major or career direction, they may find that not all of their previous college credits are accepted. Evaluation is conducted on a course-by-course basis for all work in which grades of C- or above have been earned.
- SPCE students may transfer up to 90 credits (maximum). Of this 90, 66 credits (maximum allowed) may be from 2-year colleges. 30 credits must be completed at Sage.
- Courses with a letter grade of “C-” or better will be accepted. Note: course grades from other institutions do not transfer; only credits do.
- Only official and sealed transcripts will be evaluated.
- Delays in final evaluations may be the result of unique courses, which are being researched with the faculty at Sage.
- 1/2 of the major requirements must be completed at Sage.
- Articulation Agreements with area institutions
- Transfer Equivalency Course Guide
Credit for Prior Learning
The Sage Colleges grants undergraduate college credit for learning gained through work experience, training, or self-study through the Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) portfolio program. Credit is awarded for demonstrated college-level learning that occurred through experience, not just simply for “positions held” or “job titles”.
Students may earn up to 30 credits in the CPL program. The CPL program grants credit after successful completion and evaluation of a portfolio that demonstrates college-level learning based on a faculty evaluation. Prior learning credits should support a student’s goals and academic degree program. Sage faculty evaluate student portfolios and approve course credit. For more information about CPL, refer to the instructions sheet.
Eligibility & Criteria
- Current matriculated student in a Sage baccalaureate degree program.
- Completion of at least 3 credits at Sage.
- Cumulative GPA is a 2.000 or higher and major GPA is 2.200 or higher.
- Credit information
- Credits earned from the CPL portfolio program are considered external or non-institutional credits, and the number of CPL credits is considered as part of the total allowable transfer credits.
- Undergraduate day students must complete a minimum of 45 credits of Sage course work while SPCE students must complete a minimum of 30 credits of Sage course work.
- All students must complete half of the major requirements as Sage credits.
- Students may not receive CPL credit for courses for which they have already received credit.
- CPL is available in fall and spring terms only.
- Students are not eligible for the credit for prior learning program in their last term of study, (i.e., graduation term).
In preparation for discussion with the department chair, students should review course descriptions in the catalog to determine courses their portfolios may address. The portfolio will focus on skills and experiences supporting a college-level learning experience.