The Businesses for Better Sage Agreement is designed to assist organizations with employee recruitment, retention, and ongoing professional resources and training. Sage is a partner in making the best use of tuition assistance funds provided by your company. Sage supports the efforts of businesses to attract and retain highly-qualified professionals. If your employer is a partner with Sage, The Sage Colleges will discount your tuition by 10%.
- The Businesses for a Better Sage discount applies only to School of Professional and Continuing Education students and The Sage Graduate School students.
- The discount will not be applied to undergraduate students at The Sage College of Albany or Russell Sage College.
- Doctoral Students are not eligible for the Businesses for a Better Sage program.
In order to qualify for the Businesses for a Better Sage discount and deferment a student must:
- Be a matriculated student in an approved program (see below).
- Complete the Businesses for a Better Sage Agreement Form and submit it to The Office of Student Accounts prior to the end of the add/drop period of the semester in which they want to utilize the discount and deferment.
- Students utilizing the Businesses for Better Sage discount are still required to pay enrollment and/or registration deposits in accordance to college policy.
- The Businesses for a Better Sage Agreement form needs to be completed for each semester the student enrolls.
- Once the Businesses for a Better Sage Agreement Form is on file, the student account is coded so that there are no late fees assessed on the student’s account.
- Students will receive monthly email notifications that their statement of account is available.
- The Businesses for a Better Sage Agreement form allows the student to defer payment of their outstanding charges until four weeks after the end of the semester in which the student was enrolled.
- Students are responsible to make sure their account is paid within the allowed deferment period.
- If the balance is not paid in full after the four week deferment period, a Student Services hold will be placed on the student account and future discounts and deferments will not be honored.
- Questions regarding Businesses for a Better Sage can be directed to The Office of Student Accounts 518-244-2205 (Troy) or 518-292-1788 (Albany).
Programs Eligible for Businesses for a Better Sage
Select programs through the School of Professional and Continuing Education or Sage Graduate School are eligible for Businesses for a Better Sage benefits. Russell Sage, Sage College of Albany and Sage Online programs and non-matriculated classes are not eligible.
Approved School of Professional and Continuing Education programs:
- BS Business Administration
Approved Sage Graduate Schools programs:
- MA Community Psychology
- MA Counseling & Community Psychology
- Master of Business Administration
- MS Health Services Administration
- MS Forensic Mental Health
- MS Organization Management
Active Businesses for a Better Sage Member Organizations
- Ballston Spa School District
- BBL Construction Services, LLC
- Center for Disability Services
- Grammercy Communications
- CNW School of Massage Therapy
- National Grid
- Interfaith Partnership for the Homeless