Number of Positions: 1
Art & Design Building – Albany
Supervisor Melody Davis
The Visual Resource Center (VRC) functions as a multi-purpose office for digital visual media. It maintains the visual resource collection, expands and archives the collection, and is instrumental in delivering visual curricular and research material. It runs a web site for art information, jobs, exhibitions, opportunities, workshops, student blogs and the director’s blog.
A G.A. is needed for slide scanning, archiving, copy stand work, and maintenance of the WordPress website visualresources.sage.edu. The G.A. will assist on the transfer of images to a new data base. The G.A. will sit in on an art survey class each semester and assist with grading exams (with answer key) and mentoring students on study skills. Light research for curricular needs may be required.
- Ability to work independently
- Organized, prompt, and cheerful attitude
- Ability to communicate and careful attention to detail
- Ability to assemble a bibliography
- Prior work with Word Press or web sites desired
- Copy stand, scanner, and excel spread sheet experience desired
We will train.