Number of Positions: 2
Career Planning Center, Troy
Supervisor: Amanda Shaw
The Office of Career Planning provides graduate assistants with an opportunity to work with Career Planning staff to meet the career development needs of Sage students. Graduate Assistants report to the Assistant Director of Career Planning and typically are scheduled to work an average of 10 hours per week. This position offers flexibility with the understanding that there will be adjustments for academic commitments, as approved. All requests to adjust the regular work schedule must be submitted in advance and put in writing. All agreed upon hours must be met with an emphasis on punctuality and full completion of shift.
- Special Events: Coordinate and assist in special event development, planning and implementation; market events to students on Facebook, Twitter, and through Campus Cruiser.
- Career Appointments: Assist students with beginning resume and cover letter writing, mock interviews, and searching for internships and jobs.
- Job Posting: Input incoming job openings in SageLink.
Graduate Survey Report: Assist with data collection, compilation, and analysis of information of recent graduates.
- Office Assistance: In the absence of the administrative assistant, greet constituents and provide exemplary customer service. Provide assistance to office staff on special projects.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Familiarity with MySage (previously Campus Cruiser), Facebook, and various Internet search vehicles.
- Team player, interest in working 1:1 with students and eagerness to learn about career development.