Number of Positions: 1
McKinstry, 2nd Floor, Troy
Supervisor: Diane Angrisano
Graduate Assistant is responsible for overseeing various aspects of orientation/admission events. Graduate Assistant would be highly involved in programming and facility aspects of orientation/admission events and will be expected to collaborate with staff from several other departments on and off campus.
- Research various orientation programming/events at other institutions.
- Develop publications and invitations for orientation and admission events.
- Maintain and keep organized previous orientation and admission paperwork or information.
- Collaborate with other offices on campus regarding programming for events.
- Participate on Orientation Committees as student representative.
- Work directly with Coordinator in all aspects of event preparation and implementation
- Assist Coordinator with event management and evaluation, including development of assessment methodology.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Publisher.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively and be sensitive to students from varied cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds
- Ability to work as a team player with all students (especially first generation college students), staff, and faculty
- Strong overall awareness of campus resources
- Flexible schedule to meet event needs
- 150 hours per unit or semester (approximately 15 hours a week)
- $1000 stipend
- 3 credit hour waiver