Number of Positions: 1
McKinstry, 2nd floor, Troy
Supervisor Diane Angrisano
Graduate Assistant is responsible for overseeing various aspects of new student orientation events. This person will be highly involved in the planning and implementation of all new student orientations.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Research various orientation programming events at other institutions.
- Develop Orientation Theme Ideas.
- Maintain and keep organized previous Orientation paperwork or information.
- Work directly with the Director of Student Activities in all aspects of event preparation and implementation.
- Assist Director with event management and evaluation, including development of assessment methodology.
- Attend and assist many of the New Student Orientation/Advising Days.
- Act as a liaison between Director of Student Activities and Student Orientation Leaders.
- Strong organization and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel and Publisher and willingness to learn new computer programs if needed.
- Ability to take initiative and work well with minimal supervision.
- Ability to communicate effectively and be sensitive to students from varied cultural, economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Ability to work as a team player with all students & staff.
- Flexible schedule to meet event needs.