Number of Positions: 2
Supervisor – Kelly Ganfuss
Reports to: Director of Transfer Admission
Primary Function: Responsibilities of this administrative position include high level communication skills, computer literacy and data analysis. This position will provide operational support to the Office of Transfer Admission as well assist in on campus recruitment activities.
Position Summary and Qualifications:
The individual in this position will work within a dynamic, collaborative enrollment management environment and be a part of the enrollment team. The individual must be self-directed and team oriented and capable and willing to work toward individual and common institutional goals. Previous customer service or telemarketing experience would be helpful. This individual will be self-directed and team oriented, with a high level of communication skills, computer literacy and data analysis. Any undergraduate background is acceptable; preference will be given to students who have worked in an Admission Office. A consistent work schedule is mandatory for this position.
Typical tasks include:
Recruitment/Prospect Management/Application Review
- Time commitment: days, evenings, select Saturday mornings, weekends (as necessary)
- Sample of Activities might include
- College day/night attendance
- High School visits
- Follow-up on student contacts
- Special presentations and workshops
- Recalculate grade point averages for all transcripts received for transfer applicants, complete review sheets and maintain completion of applications folder.
- Audit for all transfer applicants as needed-contact students for missing items
Assist with Special Projects and Market Research
- Assist the Directors of Admission with research, planning and other duties as assigned including maintaining the accuracy of key databases such as guidance, teachers, transfer counselors and faculty at community colleges.
- Assist with on-campus and off-campus programs including Transfer Open Houses, Overnight Programs, Off-campus interviews, Transfer Counselor events, and other events as assigned.
- Assist with data entry when needed
- Meet with prospective, applied and accepted transfer students per appointment and/or drop-in visits
- Complete an interview form to ascertain interest in the College and general thoughts about prospective transfer students.
Providing assistance during peak periods related to office functions
All of the duties relate to the management and use of ideas, information and leadership. Activities will enhance academic and career goals of students with administrative majors including educational, business and public, as well as communication majors.
- Valid Drivers License
- Strong Knowledge base in including Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Written and verbal skills, as well as ability to organize complex information.
- Ability to learn student database (TargetX SRM)
- Knowledge of web tools