The Seven Step HEOP Application Procedure for First Year Students
- Step 1: Submit the following documents to the Admission Office by mid-February but no later than April 1st:
- A completed application
- Official high school transcript
- SAT or ACT scores
- Counselor and/or teacher letter of recommendation
- Personal Statement
- For pre-eligibility determination, fill out the HEOP EZ Pre-Eligibility Worksheet. Mail the worksheet to the address listed on the form, or fax the worksheet to the fax telephone number listed on the form.
- Step 2: Application is reviewed by TSC admissions staff and HEOP eligible students’ applications are forwarded to the HEOP office
- Step 3: HEOP introduction letter and EZ Pre-Eligibility Worksheet is mailed to applicants
- Step 4: Applicant returns the completed EZ Pre-Eligibility Worksheet to the HEOP office.
- Step 5:HEOP program staff will review applicants for academic fit and financial eligibility
- Step 6: Qualified applicants will be contacted and invited to attend the on-campus HEOP Interview and Testing Day. Required financial documentation submitted to HEOP office during Interview.
- Step 7: Application is reviewed by HEOP staff and student is notified of decision!
To transfer to SCA through HEOP, students must currently be, or have previously been enrolled in an approved HEOP, EOP, SEEK, or College Discovery Program. Transfer admission for HEOP is on a space available basis.
Transfer Admissions Process
The following guidelines delineate the HEOP transfer admissions process:
- Transfer students must be admitted to a Sage academic program prior to seeking admission to HEOP. Remember to check the HEOP box on your application. It is important that our office have your current mailing address and daytime phone number.
- Next, students should contact the HEOP Office for additional admission details. The HEOP Office handles this part of the admissions process directly since general admission to Sage does not ensure admission through HEOP.
- Submit a photocopy of your free Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application form.
- Once all the documentation has been received, HEOP will send a letter of confirmation.
What You Need to Know about HEOP Interview and Testing Days
The day provides those students who are interested in The HEOP Program at the College to have the opportunity to visit the campus and meet the team.
Who? – All students who are applying to The Sage Colleges through the HEOP Program must attend an Interview and Testing Day.
What’s it all about? – Once HEOP staff have reviewed a student for academic and financial eligibility a student is scheduled to visit the campus for the HEOP Interview and Testing Day. The interview seeks to identify motivation and determination for future success at Sage. In many ways, college is about persistence. The testing helps determine college preparedness in ways standardized testing may miss.
What do I need to bring with me? – You may bring your parent(s) or guardian(s). You must bring any economic documentation to complete your application file.
When? – HEOP Interview and Testing Days begin at 10:00am and usually are complete by 5:00pm.
Where? – We start our day on campus at the HEOP Office located on the 3rd of the Library.
Why is my attendance important? – The informational session will provide valuable information to help you with your final college decision. The interview and testing is the last step in your admission process into Sage.
Lunch? – Lunch is provided for students to sample some of the delicious food offered on campus.
Travel? – Students must make their own arrangements for transportation to and from the College, although staff is always available to provide information. For details, see below.
Directions and Travel
Students must make their own arrangements for transportation to and from the College, although staff is always available to provide information.
Taking the Bus
Taking the Train
Amtrak service runs to Albany/Rensselaer station. If you should choose to take the train, we can pick you up at the Albany/Rensselaer station and return you to the train station at the end of the day. Please verify all scheduling with Amtrak beforehand to make sure you arrive early for your appointment.