RSC’s HEOP students have access to numerous benefits and support services provided by both the State Education Department and the College itself. Included among these services are:
- All HEOP students are packaged with financial aid to meet their full need.
- Pre-Freshman Summer Leadership Institute
- Transfer Orientation Program
- Supplemental Instruction
- First Year Seminar
- Four to five years of academic and financial support
- Book allowance for those eligible students
- Counseling in academic, financial, career, and personal concerns
- Individualized peer and group tutoring services
- Specialized group study sessions
- Financial aid application review sessions
- Personal growth and development workshops
- Upon acceptance to a State University of New York Graduate School, eligibility for a HEOP Graduate Tuition Waiver (must be full-time)
HEOP counselors meet weekly with each new student. Assistance from peer tutors, faculty members, and the use of computer labs also help students with the completion of classroom assignments. In addition, freshmen participate in a weekly Seminar during their first year at RSC that covers a wide array of topics to help them become master students.