Helen M. Upton Scholars Program
The Helen M. Upton Program provides adult women with special opportunities and support as they become Women of Influence at Russell Sage College. Designed for women 25 and older, the Upton Scholars Program was created to acknowledge the particular needs of students beyond the traditional undergraduate age group and of women who may already be balancing work and family obligations. We understand your issues and we want to pave the way for your success.
- Knowledgeable admission professionals, who will work with you from the moment you express interest in Russell Sage College and who understand your particular needs.
- Generous transfer credit opportunity (up to 75 credits), as well as credit for prior learning.
- A rolling admission calendar
- Individualized financial aid counseling
- Upton Scholarships of $3000 per year awarded to all accepted degree candidates. You many be eligible for other merit scholarships based on your GPA.
- Academic and career counseling geared to your needs and schedule.
- Technology workshops
- Programming throughout the academic year that addresses issues of concern to Upton Scholars with multiple responsibilities.
- A home-away-from-home at the Upton Center; a mothering room in a residence hall for women with infants; and the availability of overnight accommodations for non-residents in case of bad weather or other special circumstances
- A specially designed pin designating your status as an Upton Scholar.