- This event has passed.
Practices in ABA and Autism
Saturday, March 30, 9:00 am–4:00 pm
The Esteves School of Education of The Sage Colleges and Wildwood are pleased to present its sixth annual Autism conference. This full-day conference will present Dr. William Heward along with dynamic speakers from the Esteves School of Education faculty, and other leaders in autism treatment and research. Speakers will be organized along tracks in concurrent sessions so that a variety of topics relevant to Applied Behavior Analysis as well as autism at all ages and levels of ability will be presented throughout the day.
* This conference provides up to 6 hours of continuing education for Behavior Certified Behavior Analysts (ACE provider #OP-11-2111). This conference provides 6 professional development hours for teachers. These hours may be used to fulfill licensing or certification requirements.
9:00-10:20 Keynote Address
- Dr. Heward: Next Year is Now
10:30-11:50 Session One
- Dr. Heward: Helping School-age Students with Autism Succeed in General Education Classrooms
- Raffle with special items provided by our sponsor, Different Roads to Learning
1:00-2:20 Session Two
- The Ethics of Supervision Workshop, Part One: Cheryl Davis and Dana Reinecke
- Teaching Functional Life Skills: Janine Verdi
- Performance Management: Behaviorally Based Methods for Staff Training and Assessment: Lori Finn and Sarah Russell
- Ethics in Providing Services in the Home Environment: Sam Blanco
2:30-4:00 Session Three
- The Ethics of Supervision Workshop, Part Two: Cheryl Davis and Dana Reinecke
- It’s Getting Hot in Here: Using ABA Strategies to Promote Fire Safety Skills and Evacuation: Stephanie Delczeg and Brian Healy
- Treating Food Selectivity in Children with Autism: Brizida Vinjau
- Implications of the Molar Multiscale View for Applied Behavior Analysis: Ben Mauro