The mission of the Corporate Connections Scholarship Program is to provide financial assistance to students approaching their final year of study in the form of corporate named annual scholarships, valued at $1,000 per student. Eligible students must be enrolled on a full-time basis, must be financially at-risk and academically exceptional (3.0 and above GPA), and must be from the Greater Capital Region.
THE NEED FOR FUNDING:
Given the economic challenges facing students and their families as they attempt to afford the cost of a college education, it is necessary to provide scholarship support from multiple resources. Contributions from Capital Region businesses and foundations play a critically important role in helping Sage students earn their college degrees.
Download a printable Corporate Connections Scholarship pledge/gift form, and return by mail or fax.
SAGE GRADUATES BENEFIT THE COMMUNITY:
The Sage Colleges’ graduates are employed throughout the Capital Region as educators, health care professionals, engineers, business owners, executives, lawyers, public officials, and more. The Corporate Connections Scholarship Program directly supports academically qualified Sage students who have financial need, helping them to complete their college education and ultimately become influential to the success of the Capital Region economy.
HOW THE PROGRAM SUCCEEDS:
The Corporate Connections Scholarship Program operates collaboratively between Sage’s Office of Institutional Advancement and a committee of business leaders from the Greater Capital Region. The committee includes individuals from a broad spectrum of industries and professions. To increase the number of Corporate Connections scholarships and enhance the relationship with Capital Region businesses and foundations, Sage works with the committee to maximize program visibility, solicitations, and participation. For the 2017 academic year, Corporate Connections presented a total of 122 scholarships (up from 115 the previous year) to outstanding students from the Capital Region. The program enjoyed its 5th consecutive year of growth, which saw the addition of 15 new companies. Over the past 5 years, the program has more than doubled in size, which speaks to the value that sponsoring companies see in the program.
- Impact of helping local students complete their college education with an annual scholarship(s) in your company’s name (fully tax deductible)
- Opportunity to meet and connect with your scholarship recipient(s), as well as the President, Deans & Board Members of The Sage Colleges
- Recognition at our Corporate Connections Breakfast & Distinguished Donor Reception, where you are honored for your generosity (estimated reach: 300)
- Prominent recognition in Sage’s alumni publications and digital platforms, including on the Sage website with a link to your company’s website (estimated reach: 25,000+)
- Increased visibility both locally and nationally via social media mentions, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram (estimated reach: 8,000)
- Tuition discount (10%) for employees enrolled in select Sage continuing education and graduate programs, including Business Administration, Accounting, Psychology, Organization Management, among others
- Deferred tuition payment for companies who offer tuition reimbursement to employees (your employees do not have to pay out of pocket before reimbursement)
- Substantial fee discount for space rental at The Sage Colleges, including both Albany and Troy campuses (some rules and restrictions may apply)
- Opportunities for interns and professional recruitment
- Introduction to area business leaders and executives