Number of Positions: 2
Albany & Troy
Supervisor: Shylah Addante
GA for Residence Life
The Sage Colleges seeks a Graduate Assistant to work within the Office of Residence Life. The GA will serve as an assistant resident director for The Sage Colleges and will reside in an on campus apartment in Albany or Troy, in support of the residence program at The Sage Colleges.
• Hold office hours in the offices of Residence Life;
• Serve as a resource and direct the planning and implementation of hall programming by working with the Resident Assistant Staff to guide that process;
• Assist with the selection, training, and supervision of student Resident Assistants and residence hall desk workers;
• Attend all student and professional staff training sessions in August and January as scheduled
• Participate in the on-call duty rotation for residence staff
• Collaborate with Resident Life staff to facilitate the development of community within the halls;
• Assist students with social, academic, and personal adjustments to College;
• Assist in organizing special events for the office of Residence Life (RA Banquets, RA Appreciation Days);
• Other administrative duties as necessary and assigned by the Director of Residence Life
Qualifications include completed bachelor’s degree, undergraduate experience with Residence Life and/or Student Activities. GA must be enrolled in a graduate program at The Sage Colleges (see sage.edu for more information). Remuneration includes furnished room and meal plan, tuition waiver for 6 credits per semester and a small stipend.