Dean's Summer Reading
Please check back.
Books will be distributed at the SCA Freshmen Summer Advising Day
on July 11, 2014.
A Long Way Gone: Memoirs of a Boy Soldier
By Ishmael Beah
Book Discussion with Dr. Curran to be held during
SCA Fall Orientation program, August 23, 2013.
DUE: August 23, 2013
Required for All New SCA Freshmen.
- Read entire book.
- Create an artifact based on your response to the book.
Responses can be written form (poetry, essay, lyrics, etc.) visual piece with an artist's statement (photo, print, drawing, etc.) or digital piece (video, musical, etc.).
- You are expected to cite specific examples from the book to support your artifact.
- Bring completed artifact to session on August 23, 2013 at 1:30pm, Dean's Summer Reading Discussion session.
- Be prepared to share and contribute to the group discussion.
- Imagine that you were meeting the author Ishmael Beah. How would you let him know that you understood his story?
MEET THE AUTHOR!
Get your book signed!
Ishmael Beah at Sage College of Albany
October 18, 2013 • 7:00pm
Kahl Gym, Albany
Students start reading as soon as possible…
Due: August 23, 2013