CLEP Exam Information
CLEP (college level exam program) exams are computer-based college subject tests that provide college credit through The College Board. At Sage College of Albany, CLEP credit is regarded as 2-year level credit. Up to sixty-six 2-year level credit hours may be applied towards a bachelor degree.
Transfer credit is awarded for a CLEP exam score of 50 or higher unless otherwise indicated. See Sage College of Albany Catalog for more information, http://catalog.sage.edu/.
Exams (Minimum score
of 50 required for credit).
|American Literature||HUM elective||3|
|Analyzing & Interpret Literature||EGL 154||3|
|English Literature||EGL elective||3|
|College Composition Modular||HUM 112||3|
|French Language||FRE 101, 102||6|
|German Language||GER 101, 102||6|
|Spanish Language||SPA 101, 102||6|
|*additional credits for score of 63 or higher|
|History & Social Science|
|American Government||PSC 101||3|
|Introductory Psychology||PSY 101||3|
|Human Growth and Development||PSY 202||3|
|Introduction to Educ Psychology||PSY 206/EDU 206||3|
|Hist of the U.S. I: Early Col. to 1877||HIS 105||3|
|Hist of the U.S II: 1865 to the Pres||HIS 106||3|
|Principles of Macroeconomics||ECO 201||3|
|Principles of Microeconomics||ECO 202||3|
|Introductory Sociology||SCL 101||3|
|West Civ I: Anc Near East to 1648||HIS 109||3|
|West Civ II: 1648 to Present||HIS 110||3|
|College Mathematics||MAT 110||3|
|Calculus with Elem Functions||MAT 201||3|
|College Algebra||MAT 112||3|
|Info System & Comp Apps.||CSI 215||3|
|General Biology||BIO 101, 102||8|
|General Chemistry||CHM 111, 112||8|
|Financial Accounting||ACC 201||3|
|Principles of Management||BUS 205||3|
|Principles of Marketing||BUS 204||3|
|Introductory Business Law||BUS 212||3|
CLEP Exam General Information
- Approximate cost for each exam: $95.00 ($80 CLEP registration + $15 college test center fee).
- CLEP credits transfer in to Sage as 2-year level credits. (Up to 66 two-year level credits may be applied toward a bachelors degree).
- Transfer credit is awarded for an approved CLEP exam score of 50 or higher.
- CLEP exams are computer based and you will receive an instant score report. Each exam usually takes about 90 minutes to complete.
- Permission form is required if a student takes a CLEP exam after he/she matriculates. Be sure not to take an exam in a subject that you have already received credit for.
- Repeating examinations: It is CLEP policy that students must wait six months before re-taking an exam.
How to register: http://clep.collegeboard.org/register/exam
1) Test Registration: go to online CLEP registration site, create an account
2) Select, register and pay for exam.
3) Send score report(s) to Sage College of Albany Code: 2343
4) Test Center Instructions: be sure to research Test Center procedures on reserving a test time, exam times/dates, and test center fees.
Local CLEP Test Center
Hudson Valley Community College, College Code: #2300
Counseling Center, 518-629-7320
Send CLEP Test Results to:
Sage College of Albany
College CODE: #2343
If you have any further questions about CLEP:
(609) 771-7865, CLEP, P.O. Box 6600, Princeton, NJ 08541-6000