Residence Life Room Selection for Returning Students

Residence halls are more than just places to live! Sage believes that residence halls should be active living/learning centers that compliment the academic programs of the College. First year students are required to reside on the Albany campus in the Albany Campus Residence Hall (ACRH). Their room assignments are made by the Residence Life staff.

Returning students have the option to live on campus in the University Heights Association College Suites, or to live off campus as a commuter. Each year, The Sage Colleges reserves a block of College Suite apartments specifically for Sage students. Applications will be available from the Office of Residence Life in the Albany Campus Residence Hall or from the Office of Student Life in the Kahl Campus Center.

For some students, residence hall living is what college is all about! Sage College of Albany's on-campus, coed residence hall provides a clean, safe, comfortable living/learning environment for students in good academic standing.

Living on Campus in UH College Suites

Returning students who are interested in living on campus (in the UH College Suites) may pick up and submit their applications. Applications will be available in the Resident Director's office in the ACRH, as well as in the Office of Student Life, located in the Kahl Campus Center, room 145. In the application, residents will indicate suite-mate choices for next academic year. This application must be completed and returned before a space can be reserved for the next academic year. (Current residents at College Suites need to also respond to the renewal message sent from the Suites management.)

Returning students planning to live in College Suites are able to forgo the housing deposit to the Suites and pay their housing charges directly to Sage via their student account. 

There is a limit to the available spaces at College Suites. All housing reservations are based upon a first come, first served basis. Complete and return your application as soon as possible!

For more information on the College Suites and to look at floor plans, check out their website at

If you have a hold on your college account, you will not be eligible to apply for fall housing. Please double check to make sure you are in good standing with the Student Services office.

Living Off Campus as a Commuter

Upper class students at Sage College of Albany have the option to live off campus. In order to become a commuter, you must complete a Change of Status form. This form can be found at the Office of Student Life, located in the Kahl Campus Center, room 145.