New Student Checklist (SPCE)
Welcome to the School of Professional and Continuing Education, SPCE, at Sage College of Albany! Fall 2015 classes begin: Monday, August 31, 2015.
We are excited that you will be attending the SPCE. Please see important new student information below.
Fall 2015 New Student Checklist
* New Accepted SPCE Students:
Pay the admission/enrollment deposit. The deposit is needed for the Admission Office, 292-8615, to update your file status from "accepted applicant" to "enrolled student". The deposit is also required for access to MySage email and SageAdvisor student information and registration functions.
* New Enrolled/Deposited Studen:
- Log-in to MySage, mysage.sage.edu. User ID & Password required.
Accept terms and conditions.
- Log-in to SageAdvisor - MySage User ID & Password required.
- Explore SageAdvisor Student Menu options
- Review your academic Program Evaluation & Transfer Credit reports
- Search the Course Schedule in SageAdvisor
- Complete Financial Aid documents and tasks
* Registration: Summer 2015 and Fall 2015
- Registration instructions - SageAdvisor Registration Instructions
- For assistance in selecting your first term courses see advisor list below.
- Financial aid & college loans: for part-time study a minimum of 6 credits is required. For full-time study a minimum of 12 credits per term is required.
- Faculty Advisor/Program Coordinator contact information
- Review your academic Program Evaluation report in SageAdvisor (log-in) to identify required general education and major courses needed
- Review course schedules in SageAdvisor, make a list of courses you need.
- Register for courses in SageAdvisor.
* Transfer Credit
Double check your transfer credit report in SageAdvisor to be sure all credits are listed. Be sure to send final updated official sealed transcripts & AP scores, etc., to Admission Office
* Financial Aid & College Loans
Complete fafsa.gov information. In SageAdvisor, under the Financial Aid menu: Accept award letter and Sign terms and conditions for receiving financial aid. Then, check the My Documents link under the Communication menu to see what other tasks need to be completed in order to receive your financial aid.
* Tuition Bill Due Date
Pay outstanding tuition bill or show proof of payment by tuition due date.
Contact Student Services, 518-292-1781, email@example.com
- Students are responsible for obtaining their own textbooks.
- Research book costs in SageAdvisor schedule screen.
- Set aside money for books & supplies (approx $100-$200 per course).
- Sage Bookstore is located in the ACP Pharmacy College Student Center, 1st floor, main entrance. PARK at SAGE behind Residence Hall. (518) 694-7378.
- To request to have financial aid/loan money pay for books at bookstore, contact Office of Student Services (Book money FAQ #24). Deadline for Book money: 9/8/2015.
* Sign up for MyCruiserAlert, Sage's emergency & snow closing alert system
* Student ID
- UPLOAD your Own Photo - click here
- Pick up card in Public Safety Office, Armory 1st floor
* Parking Permit
Obtain Parking Permit (Public Safety Office, Armory).
Log-in to Moodle (online course site) as a "test run." Even if you are not in an online course, your instructors may use Moodle as classroom support tool.
* Sunday, August 30:
Review your class schedule in SageAdvisor using the My Class Schedule link to be sure you are in the correct number of credits and check for updated/final classroom locations
* Monday, August 31: Fall 2015 Classes Begin
* Complete buying all assigned books. Deadline for Book money September 8, 2015.
Add/Drop deadline (online) for Fall 2015: September 8, 2015 by 11:59pm.
* Be sure to regularly consult the Academic Calendar for important information.
* Course withdrawals (W grade) after Add/Drop ends require a completed Add/Drop form.