Welcome to Russell Sage College! We look forward to seeing you at New Student Orientation in July. Orientation is required for New Students, and it will take place on Thursday, July 18th for First Year Students and Thursday, July 25th for Transfer Students. In addition, all new students are invited to attend our Welcome Weekend events, starting on Friday, August 23rd, when resident students move in, through Sunday August 25th. More information about these events, official invitations, and a schedule of events will all be provided as we move in to the summer. Orientation is a great way to get connected to your new campus and classmates. All of us at RSC want you to be successful as you continue your educational journey. Our orientation program and activities that we have scheduled throughout the semester have been planned with your success in mind. Attending orientation will help you to be better informed and feel more at home before your classes begin on August 26th.
During orientation you will have the opportunity to get to know your new classmates and meet and talk with returning students as well. Our Orientation Leaders will be available to assist and answer any questions you may have. In addition, you will have the chance to meet the president, your deans, faculty, and administrators from various offices on campus, including the registrar, financial aid, residence life, student activities, recreation and fitness, the wellness center, career planning, and more.
We are very excited for your arrival and look forward to getting to know you.
Director of Student Activities
Save the Date for RSC New Student Orientation:
- Thursday, July 18, 2019 – For First Year Students
- Thursday, July 25, 2019 – For Transfer Students
- Friday, Aug. 23 – Sunday, Aug. 25 – Welcome Weekend Orientation for All New Students
- A complete schedule will be posted in early August. New resident students move in on Friday, August 23rd. Required programming will be scheduled for both residents and commuters throughout the weekend, so save the date now!
New Student Checklist and Your Next Steps:
- Throughout the summer, new students will receive monthly email messages from the dean of students, reminding you of the important steps you need to complete to ensure your success.
- The New RSC Student Next Steps Checklist provides students with the information and links they need to complete important tasks prior to the start of the semester.
Parking Permits are available for all students wishing to park in the campus parking lots. Students must register online in advance to obtain a permit at: https://www.sage.edu/about/public-safety/parking-at-sage/
Students can submit your own photo online for your Student ID. Your ID will be printed and given to you at check-in at New Student Orientation on January 11th, or students can pick them up directly from College Services during the first week of classes.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to the Office of Student Life at 518-244-2207 or [email protected]. We look forward to getting to know you!