Welcome to Russell Sage College! We look forward to seeing you at New Student Orientation this summer. Orientation for First Year Students will take place on Wednesday, July 18, 2018. Transfer Students are invited to join us for Orientation on Wednesday, August 15, 2018. All new students are encouraged to attend Welcome Weekend. New students can begin moving into the residence halls on Friday, August 24th and we will have programming throughout the weekend to assist in a smooth transition to RSC. Orientation is a great way to get connected to your new campus and classmates. All of us at RSC want you to be successful as you continue your educational journey. Our orientation program and activities that we have scheduled throughout the semester have been planned with your success in mind. Attending orientation will help you to be better informed and feel more at home before your classes begin on Monday, August 27th for the fall semester.
During orientation you will have the opportunity to get to know your new classmates and meet and talk with returning students as well. Our Orientation Leaders will be available to assist and answer any questions you may have. In addition, you will have the chance to meet the president, your deans, faculty, and administrators from various offices on campus, including the registrar, financial aid, residence life, student activities, recreation and fitness, the wellness center, career planning, and more.
We are very excited for your arrival and look forward to getting to know you.
Director of Student Activities
RSC New Student Orientation
- RSC First Year Orientation Invitation : It was great to see so many students join us on Wednesday, July 18th for First Year Student Orientation. Those who were not able to attend should receive their advising portfolio in the mail from the Advising Office. Contact [email protected] with any questions about your fall schedule.
- RSC Transfer Orientation Invitation: It was great to see so many students join us on Wednesday, August 15th for Transfer Student Orientation. Those who were not able to attend should receive their advising portfolio in the mail from the Advising Office. Contact [email protected] with any questions about your fall schedule.
- Save the Date: Welcome Weekend Orientation is Friday, August 24 to Sunday, August 26. Resident students move in on August 24th between 8AM and 11:30AM.
- Resident students were sent an email message from the Residence Life office with more details about the move-in process. Students are asked to sign up for a 15-minute check-in time slot so we can plan for your arrival at: https://doodle.com/poll/hmirpbpfbui2ip84. Contact [email protected] or 518-244-2008 with any questions.
- The Schedule for Welcome Weekend is now available: RSC Welcome Weekend Schedule 2018
- Contact the RSC Student Life Office (518-244-2207 or [email protected]) with any questions about orientation.
RSC New Student Checklist
- New RSC Student Next Steps Checklist provides students with the information and links they need to complete important tasks throughout the summer.
Parking Permits are available for all students wishing to park in the campus parking lots. Students must register online in advance to obtain a permit at: https://www.sage.edu/about/public-safety/parking-at-sage/
Students can submit your own photo online for your Student ID. Your ID will be printed and given to you at check-in for Welcome Weekend Orientation on August 24.
Any questions or concerns may be directed to the Office of Student Life at 518-244-2207 or [email protected]. We look forward to getting to know you!