The Sage Shuttle will not run during the period of remote instruction. See Coronavirus Updates & FAQs site for more information.
The Sage Shuttle takes students and employees between the Troy and Albany campuses to take courses and participate in activities. Riders may be asked to show their Sage ID in order to secure a seat on the shuttle.
- The shuttle operates during the fall and spring semesters only when classes or final exams are in session.
- The shuttle service runs between campuses each weekday, M-F, from roughly 7:15 AM to 9:30 PM. (Weekend runs are between 10:30 AM and 5:30 PM with added stops to local shopping malls on Saturday and Sunday).
- Adjustments to the shuttle schedule will be communicated via Sage email.
- The shuttle stop in Troy is located on First Street in front of Wool House and the stop in Albany is in front of the Administration Building, New Scotland Avenue. (Campus maps)
- It takes 25-30 minutes to travel between campuses, so please plan accordingly.
- Note: shuttle seating is not guaranteed and students may be required to ride an earlier than preferred shuttle to secure a seat and arrive to class on time.
The Shuttle Schedule is posted at the shuttle stops and online. Questions or concerns about the shuttle can be directed to the Undergraduate Dean’s office in Albany at 518-292-1704 ([email protected]) or in Troy at 518-244-2466 ([email protected])
Public Transportation – CDTA
The Sage Colleges has partnered with the Capital District Transit Authority (CDTA) in a green initiative to provide free CDTA bus transportation throughout the Capital District. For a complete listing of schedules and routes please visit the CDTA website.
The service area for CDTA includes Albany, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Schenectady counties and includes 60 bus routes which go to just about every major employment center, shopping area and recreational site in the Capital Region. The service is safe, efficient and reliable; the employees are professional and friendly; and the buses are modern, clean and comfortable.
- Services are for full-time registered/current enrolled students, full-time faculty, and full-time employees only.
- Valid Sage photo identification cards will be accepted on all CDTA bus routes. Just swipe your Sage ID through the farebox and you’re on your way.
We encourage all our students and employees to take a green step and ride the bus!