About Leslie Bennett
Leslie Bennett, OTD, OTR/L, is a graduate of Russell Sage College and earned her doctorate in Occupational Therapy from Creighton University. Her doctoral research “A question of Ethics: Productivity standards and their impact on patient quality of care outcomes” is linked to her work in completing her master’s certificate in Health Care Ethics at Creighton University. She has an interest in ethics, community health and wellness. Her primary teaching has been in neuroscience, community Occupational Therapy practice and adult occupations.
Recent Courses Taught
OTH 507AL Surface Anatomy lab
OTH 515 Engagement in Occupations lab
OTH 609 Evaluation & Intervention: Psychosocial
OTH 609 Evaluation & Intervention: Psychosocial lab
OTH 620 Community OT lecture
OTH 636 Clinical & Professional Reasoning
HUM 420 Medical Ethics
American Occupational Therapy Association. (2020). The American Occupational Therapy Association Advisory Opinion for the Ethics Commission: An ethical response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Ethical-Response-to-COVID-19.pdf.
Bennett, L. E., Jewell, V. D., Scheirton, L., McCarthy, M., & Muir, B. C. (2019). Productivity Standards and the Impact on Quality of Care: A National Survey of Inpatient Rehabilitation Professionals. The Open Journal of Occupational Therapy, 7(4), 1-11. https://doi.org/10.15453/2168-6408.1598
Phillips Estes, J., & Bennett, L. (2019). Chapter 58: Ethics in fieldwork. In K. Jacobs & Guy L. McCormack (Eds)., The Occupational Therapy Manager (6th ed.), pp. 547-553. Bethesda, MD: AOTA Press.
- Assisted Death: Ethically Responding to Patient Requests for Assistance in Dying. The University of Missouri: Annual Health Ethics Conference (October 2017)
- Session 1: Choices about the End of Life: Video Perspective
- Session 2: Understanding those who would request death-Panel Discussion (Role: Moderator)
- North Carolina Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference (November 2017)
- Short course: Crosswalk between Occupational therapy & Mental Health
- American Occupational Therapy Association Annual Conference (April 2018)
- Short Course: Ethical Management of Rising Productivity Standards in Clinical Practice
- European Conference in Philosophy in Medicine and Health Care (Oslo, Norway; August 2019)
- Workshop: The response of the WMC, AMA, and other professional medical associations to the medicalization of assisted suicide and euthanasia.
- North Caroline Occupational Therapy Association (October 2020)
- Short course: Ethical Horizons