Receive your Bachelor of Science in Nursing in as few as 16 months
Earn your degree at a college with a respected nursing program that’s graduated more than 6,000 nurses at the Bachelor and Master of Science in Nursing levels.
About the Accelerated B.S. in Nursing (ABSN)
This full-time, in-person program in Albany, New York, provides students who already hold a bachelor’s degree in a field other than nursing with the 54 credits in nursing and 760 clinical hours needed to graduate with an Accelerated B.S. in Nursing (ABSN) in as few as 16 months. This equals four semesters, which includes one summer semester.
Start the program in the fall, and finish the program in December the following year.
First fall semester: 12 credits
Spring semester: 16 credits
Summer semester: 14 credits
Final fall semester: 12 credits
You’ll be introduced to faculty-directed clinicals in state-of-the-art simulation labs. After you gain experience there, you’ll transition to a variety of clinical settings, including acute and community-based care of adult (including geriatric), pediatric, maternal/child (including labor and delivery), psychiatric and community populations.
In your last semester, you’ll select an expanded clinical rotation (240 hours) with a patient population of interest. After you earn your Bachelor of Science in Nursing, you’ll be eligible to take the initial NCLEX-RN licensure examination.
ABSN Program Highlights:
- Begin clinical experiences in your first semester and gain experience in our Nursing Simulation Lab. Practice with full-body patient simulation manikins before you begin working with real patients.
- Learn from faculty who are certified nurse practitioners, certified nurse educators, midwives, doctorally-prepared expert clinicians, administrators and researchers with years of experience.
- Our faculty and students are dedicated to making a difference in community health, and they participate in numerous volunteer and service learning opportunities. Be a nurse who transforms lives.
- Take classes in person and receive the mentorship you deserve.
$42,548 for the total program
This include fees, books and base merit scholarships. You may be eligible for additional financial aid. Please see investment chart below.
16 months to complete your degree
Transfer up to 60 credits
Up to 60 credits from previous bachelor’s accepted, depending on coursework.
$77,600 is the median annual wage for RNs
This is according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics.
|Total investment for 16-month ABSN program|
|Comprehensive student fee||$2,325|
|Books, supplies, and clinical and testing fees||$4,448|
|Minus minimum institutional aid||-$26,250|
|Total ABSN program investment*||$42,548|
Do you already work at Albany Med Health System?
Albany Med Health System and Russell Sage have partnered to address the nursing shortage through innovative programs like this one. Albany Med employees pursuing the ABSN at Russell Sage can:
- Gain hands-on experience in clinical practicums offered across the Albany Med Health System.
- Get guaranteed per-diem/part-time employment at Albany Medical Center during your program, and Albany Med will make every effort possible to accommodate your course schedule.
Nursing Bachelor’s Degree Requirements
In this Accelerated B.S. in Nursing (ABSN) program, up to 60 credits can be applied from the previous bachelor’s degree program.
Apply anytime for a fall semester start.