Work Study Process
Finding a work-study position
HOW DO I SECURE A WORK STUDY POSITION?
Students are responsible for securing their own work study positions. Below are some suggestions for getting started:
1) Attend the Federal Work-Study Job Fair at the beginning of the fall semester
2) Speak to a Career Planning professional about how to connect with possible work study positions.
Students must complete the following employment/payroll forms with their Work Study Supervisor:
- Sage Employment Authorization Form indicating approval from Financial Aid Office (each term)
- I-9 Employment Eligibility Form – Please have a photo ID and ORIGINAL Social Security card or birth certificate. A current US passport will also be accepted.
- W-4 Form – Please be aware of your tax situation as we cannot advise how to fill out your W-4 due to liability reasons.
Student receives copy of job description, salary information, maximum allowable earnings, supervisor's name/contact information and weekly work schedule in writing
Supervisor meets with student and provides necessary training
Supervisor and student keeps written record of all hours worked
Student and supervisor sign time sheet and submit time sheet to Sage Payroll Office, Troy Campus, by pre-specified due dates
Students are paid on a bi-weekly basis, every other Friday.
Student paychecks may be picked up at the Student Services Office (ID required) -or- students may utilize the Direct Deposit option.
For more information, please contact Sage Payroll Office.
The Sage Colleges
Plum Building, Troy Campus