Flu Season- be proactive!
Seasonal flu vaccines are available at The Sage Colleges Wellness Centers.
This vaccine will provide protection from the seasonal flu as well as the H1N1 virus.
You may call for an appointment.
Troy Wellness Center 518-244-2261 and Albany Wellness Center 518-292-1917
The cost for Flu Shots are FREE for Sage students and $15 for employees.
Who should get the flu vaccine?
All people 6 months of age and older should get the flu vaccine.
5 Ways to Help Prevent the Flu (and other viruses)
- Wash your hands, especially before eating, and after working on a shared computer, desk, or other item. Carrying a hand sanitizer (such as Purell) can be helpful if you are often short on time or water!
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth. Touching these after coming into contact with germs can allow the germs to enter the body and cause illness.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when coughing or sneezing. It may prevent those around you from getting sick.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, keep your distance from others to protect them from getting sick too.
- Wash your hands! It cant be said enough. Washing your hands (or sanitizing with a hand sanitizer) is one of the best ways to keep from passing and receiving viruses.