In order to ensure prompt, effective care for all, students need to cooperate by fulfilling the following responsibilities:To provide The Sage Colleges Wellness Center with a complete and accurate health history and required immunization documentation, in advance in order to allow for proper evaluation and assessment.
- The student is responsible for asking questions if you do not understand the explanation of the diagnosis, treatment, prognosis, or any instructions.
- The student is responsible in developing a good working relationship with the Wellness Center and for following instructions regarding treatment offered by the staff. The student has the responsibility to participate, to the degree possible, in understanding her/his health problems and helping to develop mutually agreed upon treatment goals.
- The student is responsible for keeping all scheduled appointments or rescheduling/canceling as far in advance as possible, whether the appointment is with the Wellness Center or off-campus.
- The student is responsible for being courteous, respectful and considerate when receiving care at the Wellness Center.
- The student is responsible for providing clear, accurate information regarding illness or injury.
- The student is responsible for never giving a medication prescribed for you to someone else.
- The student is responsible for any charges billed to them.
- The student is responsible for returning to the Wellness Center if symptoms persist or increase despite the prescribed treatment.
If the student has any questions, comments, concerns, or grievances, she/he may address them to:
- The specific health care provider
- The Wellness Center Director
- The Vice President of Campus Life