Russell Sage College programs leading to licensure and/or advanced practice certification/endorsement, whether delivered online or face-to-face, satisfy the academic requirements for those credentials set forth by the State of New York. Requirements for licensure and/or advanced practice certification/endorsement eligibility vary from one profession to another and from State to State.

Russell Sage College is a member of the National Council for State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement (NC-SARA) which allows us to provide distance learning programs (both online and in the form of supervised field experiences) and coursework to residents of states other than New York. NC-SARA membership, however, does not grant reciprocity or exempt us from state professional licensing requirements. As a result, licensing requirements in New York may not be recognized as sufficient to obtain a license in any other state.

The curriculum for programs customarily leading to licensure at Russell Sage College have been designed to meet the licensure/certification requirements in New York as well as preparing students to apply for licensure exams in the State of New York .

The licensure boards in each state are responsible for establishing the requirements for licensure/certification for their state. Students who intend to return or move to any state other than New York need to review the professional licensure disclosures pertaining to their program and consult with the state professional licensing board. The state professional licensing boards make the ultimate decision as to whether or not an individual will be eligible for licensure based on the rules and regulations in place at the time the individual submits their application for licensure.


Should a student relocate during the course of a program to another state, it may impact the student’s ability to remain in the program, meet the state licensure requirements, and/or continue to receive financial aid funding. Prior to considering relocation, please contact your program to discuss authorization and licensure eligibility requirements.

International Studies

Please be advised that international students prior to enrolling in any program at Russell Sage College, living and/or working outside of the United States should confirm with the appropriate certifying agency whether successful completion of any degree program at Russell Sage College will meet the credentialing requirements of the country in which they intend to seek employment.

ProfessionNational Licensing Body
Applied Behavioral AnalystsLicensing for behavior analysts is done by individual states. Not all states have licensure, however. Our program has verified course sequences for BCBA certification (not licensure) that have been approved by the Association for Behavior Analysis International (ABAI)
AccountingNational Association of State Boards of Accountancy
Counselor Education-Clinical Mental Health CounselingNational Board of Certified Counselors
Counseling & Community PsychologyProfessional Licensure Directory
Registered Dietitian/NutritionistCommission on Dietetic Registration
EducationProfessional Licensure Directory
NursingProfessional Licensure Directory
Occupational TherapyCalifornia Board of Occupational Therapy
Physical TherapyFederation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
PsychologyProfessional Licensure Directory
School PsychologyNational Association of School Psychologists
Social WorkProfessional Licensure Directory