Go To Home
  • About
  • Academics
  • Admission & Aid
  • Student Life
  • News & Events
  • Alumnae/i
  • Home
  • Sitemap
  • New Student Welcome
  • How can I check to see if you received my FAFSA?

    You can log on to your My Sage Aid account, through Sage Advisor, to see if we have a FAFSA on file for you. If you filed your FAFSA and included the federal school code (002810), but do not see that your FAFSA is on file, you should contact the financial aid office. We may be missing some information in order to import your FAFSA.

    How do I know if my financial aid package is available for me to view/accept?

    If you are a new Russell Sage College student, you will receive your financial aid award letter in the mail with instructions on how to access your information online. Returning students will receive an email once their financial aid is online and is able to be viewed.

    I can’t log in to My Sage Aid or SageAdvisor, can the financial aid office help me with my password? (or I locked myself out of my account)

    Unfortunately, no. If you are a new student that has not yet deposited to be a student at Russell Sage College, you can contact the Admission department for your user name and to have your password reset.

    If you have made your commitment to attend Russell Sage College, you would have received an email from the Help Desk, with a new password. If you did not receive the new password, or are having trouble, you can contact the Help Desk for assistance. You must speak with someone in order to reset your password. You can call them at 518-244-4777.

    Where can I see if I completed all my tasks so I can receive my financial aid?

    You should log on to your My Sage Aid account and go to your checklist. There you will be able to see if all of your tasks have been completed or if you need to complete something. If you see a discrepancy, you should contact the financial aid office. Your financial aid cannot be paid to your student account until all financial aid tasks are complete.

    How many credits must I be enrolled in each semester in order to continue to receive my Sage grants and scholarships?

    Undergraduate students must be enrolled full time (at least 12 credits) each semester, in courses that meet graduation requirements, in order to receive their institutional scholarships and grants.

    How long can I continue to receive the scholarships and grants that I was awarded?

    If you enter RSC as a first-time freshman, you are eligible to receive your Sage scholarships and grants for up to 4 years (8 semesters) of attendance. Transfer students are eligible to receive up to 3 years (6 semesters) of institutional aid. Federal and State awards have different time-frames, you can check with the financial aid office to determine the amount of eligibility you have remaining.

    How do I know what my balance will be after I receive my financial aid?

    The Student Accounts office can assist you with any questions about your bill and how to determine if you will have a balance due. They can also help you with information about options to pay your bill, including a payment plan. For more information, email [email protected]

    I tried to apply for the Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students (PLUS) online and received a message that Russell Sage College does not participate in the program. How can I apply for a PLUS loan?

    In order to apply for the PLUS loan for RSC, you will need to first complete a PLUS supplemental form and submit the form to the financial aid office. By completing this form, you are giving consent for RSC to complete a credit check in conjunction with the Department of Education. Once the credit is approved, the parent that the credit check was performed on will need to log on to studentaid.gov and complete the parent PLUS Master Promissory Note. You will need the parent’s FSA ID and password in order to log on to studentaid.gov.

    Additional instructions and the PLUS supplemental form can be found on the financial aid section of the www.sage.edu website.

    When I log on to My Sage Aid, it says some of my awards have been placed on hold. What does that mean?

    Awards that are placed “on hold” in My Sage Aid have been accepted by the student and are being reviewed by the Financial Aid office. As long as all of your financial aid checklist tasks are complete, awards “on hold” will be processed so that your aid can be paid to your student account.

    What do I need to do so that my financial aid will pay to my student account?

    In order for the financial aid office to process your financial aid, you have to complete the tasks that are listed on your checklist in My Sage Aid. These include accepting your aid awards, signing your award letter, submitting your federal financial aid disbursement form and completing your student loan tasks, if you are borrowing your loans.

    Will my financial aid change if I move off campus or commute from home?

    Any time you make a change to your housing, meal plan or number of credits, it could cause a change to your financial aid. It is important that you speak with the financial aid office before you make any changes to see what impact, if any, it could have.

    Why haven’t I received clearance to begin my work study job when I already turned in my paperwork to the financial aid office?

    In order to begin your work study job, you must have completed all of your financial aid tasks before we will submit your documents to the payroll department. You can see if you have all of your tasks completed by logging in to your My Sage Aid account and reviewing your checklist.

    I can view my financial aid package, but I am not able to accept my aid or sign my offer letter.

    It sounds like your financial aid package may be in verification. You can log in to your My Sage Aid account to check the status of your verification. If you have additional questions or need further assistance, email [email protected]