Applying for Residential Accommodations

Part of the commitment to students with disabilities is to ensure that students have equitable access to campus programs, including housing. Russell Sage College will provide reasonable housing accommodations to eligible students. To substantiate the need for assistance, we require documentation specifically as it relates to housing and has been documented by an appropriate and qualified professional. 

Accommodations take time to arrange. For this reason, it is important that accommodation requests be made at the time of enrollment.

Any student requiring housing accommodations of any type should send the request and documentation to the Residence Life Director and Accessibility Services Director as soon as they are accepted to the college. Please be specific and communicate all of your needs. You will also need to be in contact with the Wellness Center to discuss your medical needs.

Steps to be approved for Residential Accommodations

  1. The student must complete the Residential Accommodation Request Form. Part I is for the student to complete, and Part II must be completed by your Licensed Healthcare Treatment Provider (i.e. counselor, therapist, physician, etc.).
  2. The student may need to meet with Residence Life and Accessibility Services to review their requested accommodations.

Have Questions?

Director of Accessibility Services
Associate Director of the Career and Self-Discovery Center