- Mission & History
- Fast Facts
- Accolades & Accreditations
- Resources & Initiatives
- Work at Sage
- Offices & Centers
- Public Safety
- Human Resources
- Campus Directory
- Academic Calendar
- Majors & Programs
- General Education
- Courses & Catalogs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- Esteves School of Education
- Dean’s Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Details
- Educational Leadership Program Details
- Faculty & Staff
- Conceptual Framework
- 2019-2020 Graduates
- School of Health Sciences
- Dean’s Welcome
- Faculty & Staff
- Nursing Programs
- Nutrition Programs
- Occupational Therapy Programs
- Physical Therapy Programs
- Psychology Programs
- Forensic Mental Health Program
- School of Management
- Evening & Weekend Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Resources
- Accreditations & Affiliations
- Student Accounts
- Student Services
- Advisement & Support
- Centers of Inquiry
- The Council for Citizenship Education
- The Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health & School Safety
- The Helen M. Upton Center for Women’s Studies
- The Kathleen A. Donnelly Center for Undergraduate Research
- The Sage Climate Crisis Educational Center
- Sage-SIFT Alliance
- The Center for Teaching & Learning
- The Institutional Review Board
- Louis and Hortense Rubin Community Fellows Program
- The Broughton Graduate Fellowship
- Find Funding Sources
- Graduate Research Symposium
- Centers of Inquiry
- Special Opportunities
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Request Info
- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Undergraduate Aid
- Graduate Student Aid
- Federal & State Aid
- Financial Aid Resources
- Institutional Aid & Scholarships
- Meet the Staff
- Student Life Office
- Student Handbook
- The Sage Shuttle
- Code of Conduct
- Student Activities
- Spirituality Center
- Student Complaint Reporting Policy
- Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Trans* and Gender Inclusion Policy
- Sage Allies
- Title IX
- What Is Title IX?
- Top 10 Things Students Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Top 10 Things Employees Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Students’ Bill of Rights
- Sexual Offense Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Staff Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Reporting Rights
- Reporting & Confidential Resources
- Campus Climate Executive Summary
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Prevention
- Wellness Center
- Residence Life
- Career Planning
- Resources for Students
- Student Employment
- Video Tips & Webinars
- Parent & Family Guide
- Job Search Guide
- Websites for Specific Majors
- Alumnae & Alumni
- For Employers
- Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Career Closet
- Sage Engaged
- STEM/Healthcare Career Expo
- Diverse Population Resources
- Office of Career Planning
- Resources for Students (revised)
- Alumni Card
- Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations
- List of Current Funds
- Make a Gift
- Missing Alumni
Registration using Student Planning Self–Service
- Log into SageAdvisor.
- Click on the Students button to access the Students Menu.
- In Registration section, follow the Student Planning link.
- Student Planning > Plan & Schedule link
- Search for desired courses by term using Search bar at top of page
- Add (plan) specific course sections (courses with a section #) to Calendar screen
- Register for Sections by clicking on the blue Register Now button.
STEP 1: PLAN SECTIONS Use Options A or B below (or both)
Option A: Select and plan required course sections using the MY PROGRESS tab
- Click on: Go to Plan & Schedule link.
- Your current term schedule is displayed in Calendar view. Go to desired Term (>).
- Options: select courses from 1. Progress tab or View My Progress link or, 2. your plan on the Timeline tab (if created).
Directions using MY PROGRESS (degree requirements) tab:
- Click on Progress tab to view degree progress & required courses you need to complete.
- Courses needed are listed in Red type (“not started”).
- Click on course, then click on, “View available Sections for ” to view Terms offered, Days/Times, Location. Use filter in left column to narrow search.
- Select course and click on Add Section to Schedule (as a planned section)
- In course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
- To select and plan additional courses sections – repeat steps above.
Option B. Select & Plan: GENERAL Course SEARCH: Search/plan ALL course sections.
- Click on Go to Plan & Schedule link.
- Select Term: Use the right arrow (>) next to the semester/year to scroll to the desired semester.
- To Search for course sections (to add as “planned” sections to your calendar schedule screen), type course information in the Search bar in upper right. Examples: MAT, MAT-220, MAT 220, MAT220, statistics. Or use commas to search multiple courses, MAT-220, COM-104.
- Tip: use FILTER fields in LEFT margin when searching for courses.
- List of all courses matching search criteria appears.
- To view course offering information (Terms offered, Days/Times, Location) click on, “View available Sections for “
- Once you have selected the course section you would like, click on, Add Section to Schedule (as a planned section).
- In the course Section Details box, click on Add Section.
- Repeat searching & planning steps above for each desired course section.
- Planned Courses appear in light Yellow. Planned Sections appear in bright Gold.
STEP 2. Register for Sections
- Review: once you are finished with planning (placing sections on schedule screen), view your planned weekly schedule. Review campus locations and possible travel/time conflicts between campuses. Note: online and internship courses will appear at bottom of screen.
- Click on Register Now button. OR, you may Register for individual sections listed in left margin – click on Register button next to each course.
STEP 3. View Class Schedule (enrolled sections) & Textbook Information
Plan & Schedule schedule screen:
- Registered classes (enrolled) are in listed Green box and listed with a Green checkmark. Course Status of “Registered” or “Registered, but not started” = Enrolled in course.
- Credit information/Schedule results are listed on Top margin of Calendar schedule screen (left side of screen). You will see # of Credits: Planned, Enrolled & Wait-listed. Enrolled credit number = Registered credits.
- TIP: use the Print button to see a list of classes and course status (ex, Registered, but not started; Waitlisted; or Planned). *Registered, but not started = Enrolled in course.
- To see Campus Location (Albany or Troy): go to left margin list of enrolled courses. Click on “Meeting Information” link.
- TEXTBOOK information: go to left margin and click on Course Title. Click on Bookstore Information link.
If a seat opens in the course and you are next on the Waitlist, you will receive an email notice in your sage.edu account from, [email protected] This email gives you a DEADLINE (day & time) by which you must go to Student Planning and adjust your schedule – – ‘Register’ in the course (section). Important: If you miss the deadline, you lose the seat and spot on the waitlist. Be sure to check your @ sage.edu email address regularly. Note: if you are not interested in course, click on Drop Waitlist, so another student may get a seat.
Steps: SageAdvisor – Student Planning – Plan & Schedule – select > Term. Go to courses listed in Left margin of Calendar Schedule screen. Note: the previous “Drop Waitlist” button changes to “Register”. Click on Register.
- Use FILTER column in Left margin when searching for course sections.
- Be sure to check Campus Location (Albany or Troy).
- Registered courses are in Green font, green box with a green check mark. Planned courses are in light Yellow. Planned sections are bright Gold.
- Undergraduate students must be cleared by their faculty advisor (major) to be eligible for registration. See Student Preparation handout – PDF
- Registrar’s Office Forms – My Portal (Sage User ID & Password required)
- Faculty Advisor name & contact information is listed on the Progress screen in SageAdvisor/Student Planning under Show Program Notes link.
- Sage Shuttle schedule
- Tuition & Tuition Due Dates
Drop a Course
- Prior to the specified Add/Drop deadline – you may use Student Planning to Drop courses
- You must clear any “Holds” to utilize the Add and Drop functions
- To Drop a course: click on Course in course list in left margin (calendar view). Click on Drop button, select course from list (checkmark), then click on Update.
- After the posted Add/Drop deadline has passed, to “Withdraw” from a course you will need to complete a Registration Change form prior to the specified course withdrawal deadline. (See Academic Calender).
- On the Add/Drop form, undergraduate day students need their faculty advisor’s signature and the course instructor’s signature.
- Bring the completed form to the Registrar/Office of Student Services.
- A grade of “W” will appear on your official transcript.
- Important: be sure to inquire how course withdrawal affects graduation timeline and eligibility for financial aid & loans.
General Registration Information
Students are responsible for resolving all “Holds” to be eligible for Registration and Add/Drop. Hold information is posted in Student Planning > Plan & Schedule screen.
|Admission||Missing final transcript(s)||518-292-1730||[email protected]|
|Financial Aid||My Sage Aid item needed; |
USAP appeal required
|Finance & Business||Previous term tuition balance due; parking fine, dorm fine||518-244-4744||[email protected]|
|Library||Book overdue fine||518-292-1721||[email protected]|
|Perkins Loan||Perkins promissory note due||518-244-4744||[email protected]|
|Student Accounts||Tuition payment issue||518-292-1788||[email protected]|
|Wellness Center||Immunization record needed||518-292-1917||[email protected]|
Class Standing or Academic Level
Undergraduate students register by academic level. Academic level or class standing is determined by the total number of completed credits on record as listed in SageAdvisor.
|Senior||87 or more|