- Go To Home
- Advising FAQs
- Solutions at Sage
- Mission & History
- Fast Facts
- President’s Office
- Board of Trustees
- Office of The Provost
- Strategic Planning
- Accolades & Accreditations
- Resources & Initiatives
- The Women’s Institute
- Thrive @ Russell Sage
- Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
- Tobacco-Free Campus
- Greener Sage
- Consumer Information
- Conferencing & Events
- Maps & Directions
- Work at Sage
- Offices & Centers
- Academic Calendar
- Program Finder
- List of Academic Programs
- General Education
- Courses & Catalogs
- School of Arts & Sciences
- Esteves School of Education
- Dean’s Welcome
- Academic Programs
- Applied Behavior Analysis Program Details
- Educational Leadership Program Details
- Faculty & Staff
- Conceptual Framework
- Graduate Symposium Award-Winners
- School of Health Sciences
- Dean’s Welcome
- Faculty & Staff
- Nursing Programs
- Nutrition Programs
- M.S. Occupational Therapy Programs
- Doctor of Occupational Therapy (OTD) Program
- Doctor of Physical Therapy Programs
- Psychology Programs
- Forensic Mental Health Program
- School of Management
- Evening & Weekend Programs
- Online Programs
- Academic Resources
- Office of the Registrar
- Accreditations & Affiliations
- Student Accounts
- Student Services
- Advisement & Support
- Centers of Inquiry
- Council for Citizenship Education
- Dawn Lafferty Hochsprung Center for the Promotion of Mental Health & School Safety
- The Helen M. Upton Center for Women’s Studies
- The Kathleen A. Donnelly Center for Undergraduate Research
- Sage Climate Crisis Educational Center
- Sage-SIFT Alliance
- The Center for Teaching & Learning
- Institutional Review Board
- Rubin Community Fellows Program
- Broughton Graduate Fellowship
- Find Funding Sources
- Graduate Research Symposium
- Centers of Inquiry
- Special Opportunities
- Admission & Aid
- Undergraduate Admission
- Graduate Admission
- Visit & Explore Sage
- Request Info
- Evening, Weekend & Online Programs
- Cost & Financial Aid
- Tuition & Fees
- Financial Aid Resources
- Undergraduate Aid
- Graduate Student Aid
- State & Federal Aid
- Federal Financial Aid Refund Policy and Calculations
- Undergraduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- Graduate Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy
- VA Continuing Students
- VA New Students
- VA Transfer Students
- Verification by Inceptia
- Verification of Financial Aid
- Institutional Aid & Scholarships
- Financial Aid FAQ
- Meet the Financial Aid Staff
- Student Life
- Student Life Office
- Residence Life
- Wellness Center
- Spirituality Center
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Sage Allies
- Title IX
- What Is Title IX?
- Top 10 Things Students Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Top 10 Things Employees Should Know About Sage’s Title IX Process
- Students’ Bill of Rights
- Sexual Offense Policies & Procedures
- Faculty and Staff Resources for Sexual Assault Prevention and Response
- Reporting Rights
- Reporting & Confidential Resources
- Campus Climate Executive Summary
- It’s On Us: Sexual Assault Prevention
- Career Planning
- Resources for Students
- Student Employment
- Video Tips & Webinars
- Parent & Family Guide
- Job Search Guide
- Websites for Specific Majors
- Alumnae & Alumni
- For Employers
- Student Organizations
- Faculty & Staff
- Career Closet
- Sage Engaged
- STEM/Healthcare Career Expo
- Diverse Population Resources
- Office of Career Planning
- The Rev
- News & Events
- Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations
- List of Current Funds
- Make a Gift
- Missing Alumni
- New Student Welcome
General Registration Notes
Steps: Self Service – Student Planning – Plan & Schedule (Registration)
- Log into Passport.
- Click on the Self Service app
- Use Student Planning – Plan your Degree & Schedule your classes module. (See registration instructions – pdf)
- Search for desired course sections using Search bar at top of page. Tip: use Term filter in left margin.
- Add (plan) specific course sections (courses with a section #) to schedule screen
- Register for class sections by clicking on the blue Register Now button.
View Class Schedule & Textbook Information
- Registered classes (enrolled) are in listed Green box and listed with a Green checkmark. Course Status of “Registered” or “Registered, but not started” = Enrolled in course.
- Registration results are listed on top right side of screen. You will see # of Credits: Planned, Enrolled, & Wait-listed. Enrolled credit number = Registered credits.
- TIP: use the Print button to see a list of classes and course status (ex, Registered, but not started; Waitlisted; or Planned). *Registered, but not started = Enrolled in course.
- To see Campus Location (Albany or Troy): go to left margin list of enrolled courses. Click on “Meeting Information”.
- TEXTBOOK information: go to left margin and click on Course Title. Scroll to bottomw and click on Bookstore Information link.
If a seat opens in the course and you are next on the Waitlist, you will receive an email notice in your sage.edu account from, [email protected] This email gives you a DEADLINE (day & time) by which you must go to Student Planning and adjust your schedule – – ‘Register’ in the course (section). Important: If you miss the deadline, you lose the seat and spot on the waitlist. Be sure to check your @ sage.edu email address regularly. Note: if you are not interested in course, click on Drop Waitlist, so another student may get a seat.
Steps: Self Service – Student Planning – Plan & Schedule – select > Term. Go to courses listed in Left margin. Note: the previous “Drop Waitlist” button changes to “Register”. Click on Register.
- Use FILTER column in Left margin when searching for course sections.
- Be sure to check Campus Location (Albany or Troy).
- Registered courses are in Green font, green box with a green check mark. Planned courses are in light Yellow. Planned sections are bright Gold.
- Undergraduate day students must be cleared by their faculty advisor (major) to be eligible for registration.
- Registrar’s Office Forms – (Sage google site, Sage User ID & Password required)
- Faculty Advisor name & contact information is listed on the My Progress screen in Student Planning under the Show Program Notes link.
- Sage Shuttle schedule
- Tuition & Tuition Due Dates
Drop a Course
- Prior to the specified Add/Drop deadline – you may use Student Planning to Drop courses
- You must clear any “Holds” to utilize the Add and Drop functions
- To Drop a course: click on Course in course list in left margin (calendar view). Click on Drop button, select course from list (checkmark), then click on Update.
- After the posted Add/Drop deadline has passed, to “Withdraw” from a course you will need to complete a Registration Change form prior to the specified course withdrawal deadline. (See Academic Calender).
- On the Add/Drop form, undergraduate day students need their faculty advisor’s signature (approval) and the course instructor’s signature (acknowledgement).
- Bring the completed form to the Registrar/Office of Student Services.
- A grade of “W” will appear on your official transcript.
- Important: be sure to inquire how course withdrawal affects graduation timeline and eligibility for financial aid & loans.
Students are responsible for resolving all ”holds” to be eligible for Registration and Add/Drop. Hold information is posted in Student Planning > Plan & Schedule.
|Hold Type||Possible Reasons for Hold||To Resolve by Phone||To Resolve by Email|
|Admission (AG)||missing final transcripts||518-292-1730||[email protected]|
|Financial Aid (FA)||MySageAid item needed|
USAP appeal required
|Finance/Business (EC)||tuition balance due|
|Perkins Loan||Perkins promissory note due||518-244-4744||[email protected]|
|Student Accounts (SS)||tuition payment issue||518-292-1788||[email protected]|
|Wellness Center (HC)||immunization record needed||518-292-1917||[email protected]|
In This Section